Tires

WBG

WBGavin
We have a 2014 3570 RS Bighorn that has E rated tires (235/80R - 16). I noticed that the 2016 has G rated tires which I think are far more appropriate for this size Rig. Can you tell me the name of the manufacturer of the tires on the 2016 3570RS? I am thinking I need to replace the ones that I now have because I have had three tire failures so far.
Thanks for your help.
WBG

jnbhobe

I see 3 choices LT235/85/16 LR-E, LT235/85/16 Sailun S-637's LR-G, or LT235/85/16 Good Year G-614 RST's LR-G.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
When we toured the BH line in Elkhart a few weeks ago the BH and BC had G rated Sailuns. The Landmarks had Goodyears, probably H rated but I didn't look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAdams

Our Bighorn 3750FL that we picked up Tuesday has Sailun Tires as the standard tire. Be sure that your rims will take 110 psi

WBG

WBGavin
Rekin that's why Sailuns are so hard to find now?????

I checked the Sailun web site and they did not show any US dealers in the PNW, Only Western Canada.
Discount Tires and Les Schwab said they could not get them.
Does anyone know of any PNW dealers that carry them?
WBG

Gaffer

I checked the Sailun web site and they did not show any US dealers in the PNW, Only Western Canada.
WBG

I Googled Sailun tires Seattle and came up with Big O and Pep Boys.

HornedToad

WBG

I bought a set of Sailuns last month at a Big O Tire in New Mexico. They didn't have them in the store but checked with both the Denver and Phoenix Big O warehouse that did have them in stock. From Denver I was going to have to pay an extra shipping charge, so they order them from the Phoenix warehouse that services that store. I called late Monday and they had them at the store by Thursday.

SimpleTire.com also has them in stock on page 13 of the following link...

http://simpletire.com/sailun-tires/?select=1&brand=83&content=42138&meta=14&page=13

jnbhobe

235 85 16 load range E can be bought at any tire dealer they are rated for 3042 lbs you can try 265 75 16 which are rated at 3415 each if you have room for them that's the tire I would use if not going with sailuns or Goodyear

WBG

WBGavin
235 85 16 load range E can be bought at any tire dealer they are rated for 3042 lbs you can try 265 75 16 which are rated at 3415 each if you have room for them that's the tire I would use if not going with sailuns or Goodyear

Thanks so much for the clarification. Had not thought of trying 265 75 16's. Will check them out!

WBG

WBG

WBGavin
Thanks to Mike & PJ for the tip that Sailun's can be purchased from Big O or Pep Boys
WBG

bobca1

Not just chains listed on website. You can also get them from local tire shops, that's where I got mine they were delivered next day by local distributor.