Trailer Wiring harness

roundbill

Goodday, We are Carey and Bill. We have a 2010 Bighorn, model 3585 RL. My question to the forum is the location of the wiring harness for the park, tail, and directional lamps. I think they are inside the frame but I dont want to pull down the belly cover unless I have to. I know someone had the belly cover off so any help will be appreciated. Thank you and safe travels.

jnbhobe

Re: Trailor Wiring harness

Hi Bill and Carey and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. All the light wires on my 09 run down the right side of the rig at the frame rail. Waht are you looking for maybe we can help ?? There is a lot of experience on this Forum more than anywhere on the net. And their all nice people.

roundbill

Hi Patti and Jon, Thank you for your reply.I found the harness like you said, on the right. Now I need to see which wires are which. Their is a white, gray, black, blue and brown, all together in a one piece harness. Any further help would be appreciated. Regards Bill

jnbhobe

Hi Patti and Jon, Thank you for your reply.I found the harness like you said, on the right. Now I need to see which wires are which. Their is a white, gray, black, blue and brown, all together in a one piece harness. Any further help would be appreciated. Regards Bill

Not sure about witch colors are witch but thats not hard, check at the junction box at the pin with a ground probe light or pull out the tail lights and see what colors connect to the pig tails. Not sure what your wanting to do so I don't know what end to start at.

roundbill

To answer your question, I want to add marker lamps along the side of the trailor, and a directional signal lamp by the door, which is aprox in the middle of the trailor. Thanks again for your reply. Bill

jnbhobe

When I did mine the running lights were easy I picked the power right from them , the signals I got by pulling the rear signals out then used the test light to find the wire color. Then I just verified the right ones around the door area and run a new wire accross to the left side. I also mounted back-up lights on the frame by the compartment doors, pointed at the wheels, if I know where the wheels are going I know where the rest of the rig is going.

roundbill

Jon, Thanks for the good info. I think I'll do as you said, and start at the back lamps. Thank you for your help again. Regards Bill.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Bill, just for your info. If you add a mid-ship T/S as I did without running a seperate wire.....eveytime you apply the brakes it will light up. SO...I installed a seperate 4 pin plug so that everything works like it should. Yes it did take sometime to do, but was worth it. I also added 6 side-marker lamps. Are you going to use LED lamps? I changed all the marker lamps and S/T lamps to LED's. The brown wire is for the side markers. I believe that the white wire is ground.