Travel: Savannah to DC... Roads?

My wife and I are leaving Savannah in 2 days heading North toward Washington DC. We want to spend at least 5 days in the area and was hoping someone could give us some info on a good RV park with tours of DC.
Also how are the roads on us17 northbound out of Savannah to the DC area

Thanks to all that can help

Tankie

Big Al, check out Cherryhillpark.com it is close to D.C. I have never stayed there because it has a 14 day max stay, it also has a tour that picks up in park. Hope this helps and have fun.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Al, I have been on US 17 only from Newport News northward to the Fredericksburg area. It is a nice hiway without heavy traffic normally. There are a lot of traffic lights in the Newport News area until you get into what is known as the Middle Neck area (probably 25 miles north of Newport News). It's mostly forur lans, but even the two lane sections are very good and wide. It can be busy in the Fredericksburg area, especially on the weekends as it runs with US 1 part of the way and also with I-95 for around 7 miles (you would probably stay on I-95 at that point to get to the DC area, especially if going to Cherry Hill CG).