Turbo

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
As I posted eariler,when we were on our way home from Ocean Lakes a couple weekends ago,the check engine light came on in my truck. It was running and towing fine, all the gauges checked good, so we trucked it on home. Took it to the Ford dealership last Thursday and they found that the turbo was leaking. So they rebuilt it and I got it home yesterday. I am very Thankful that the job was covered under the warranty.

jpajax

Glade you got it fixed. I know that ford has had a lot trouble with their turbos. A lot has to do with the way you shut it down. You have to realize that this thing is turning at a very very high rpm and is under a lot of heat. You probably all ready know how to shut it down but I have watched a lot of others that will just stop and turn it off. The proper way is to let it idle for at lest 60sec or so to let it wind down and cool off you have to realize also that when you turn off the motor there is no oil going to the barrings any more. I am a believer in a egt gage that will tell you if it is getting to hot and when too shut it off. Have a good one and see in Mayberry.