TV Mount

slawman

Just picked up our Prowler 285lx and was told i shouldnt use a wall mount due to the thin walls. He said i should just use screws. I fount a mount that can be put on the side and was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on mounting a 32 inch. Thanks in advancerrr.jpgss.jpg

Mark

sjs731

Why not get a mount that mounts flat to the back wall of the opening? My Sundance has a similar TV location and there was some blocking in the back wall and I put a flat wall mount there.

Steve

avvidclif

If you use that mount make sure and put a strap around the TV so it can't extend out during travel. If it does the vibration will tear the mount from the wall.

Taking a hint from the mount in mine. If the mounting screws will not line up with studs (necessary) then take a piece of 1/2" plywood and cut a square or rectangle larger than the TV mount bracket from it that will center up in the available space and still cover at least 3 studs. It can be covered in black or brown felt and look original. Put the TV mount on it and then screw it to the wall. You will still need a strap but it will be much more secure.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have a 2015 Prowler P292 5th-wheel trailer, and I have two swing-mounts that I bought at camping world.

I plan on getting a larger TV for the living room, but this 24" is OK for now . . .

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

I bought the swivel mounts at Camping World . . . one in the living room and one in the bedroom . . . and they both lock the TV's to the wall without any straps!

Kinguni

Just picked up our Prowler 285lx and was told i shouldnt use a wall mount due to the thin walls.

We were told the same thing (same model). Seems silly because there is a TV connection in the back of the same wall for the bedroom so you have to mount a TV if you have one there and the only place would be in the centre of the wall due to the sliding doors. I'm thinking the trim up the middle may be strong enough but I may beef it up a little. Picked up a similar mount but may use bolts washers and nuts to attach the mount. Just strange that the trailer has no spots marked for TV mounts at all.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is what Heartland installed (standard) for our TV in a Big Country. This holds a 32" tv, and locks into place for travel. Just so you know what "could" work.

c98b059cc433db91cc246d1729276fa9.jpg
f8fc4d25c7c299a156f5c8ece99d4a9c.jpg
85fd8f0bed9751f94365d9cfff39423a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary521

I have never tried this so that is why I am asking. Will an electronic stud finder work with the aluminum wall framing? Also, what does Heartland use for backing where they do mount a wall TV ( as shown with Erika and Tony above ).