TV Mounting Areas

edfaught

We're new owners of a Trail Runner 21SLE and have noted the 2 locations for TV hookups. Wondering if the walls are sturdy enough for a 32" on a wall mount, one in dinette area (outside wall) and/or one in bedroom (bathroom wall).

danemayer

Hi edfaught,

Congratulations on the new Trail Runner and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Another Trail Runner owner is likely to see your thread before too long and give you the benefit of their experience.

You can also call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Customer Service should also be able to answer your question.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We're new owners of a Trail Runner 21SLE and have noted the 2 locations for TV hookups. Wondering if the walls are sturdy enough for a 32" on a wall mount, one in dinette area (outside wall) and/or one in bedroom (bathroom wall).

I was looking at the photos of the interior of the TRSLE21 on the Heartland website and it shows one TV sitting on the counter at the end of the kitchen counter by the dinette, but it looks like there would be room to mount a 32" TV on the wall there above the counter top.

Although if you plan on putting it on a swing arm (I got two RV swivel mounts at Camping World that lock to the wall instead of using tie downs or straps), make sure it is an LED and not an LCD as the LED TV's are much lighter, which I think would be the only reason you could get away with mounting that size TV on the wall.

We had a 2013 Trail Runner 22RK (now called the 24RK) and it had two spots to mount TV's to the wall.

The spot in the living room was rated for a 24" (which is what I mounted there), although a 28" probably would have fit in that spot, and the bedroom was rated for a 19" (which is what I mounted there).

Before you start drilling holes make sure the mounting plate is where it is supposed to be as the one in the bedroom wall was over a foot away from where the sticker said it was (see center photo below).

I took both of the TV's and the swing arm mounts out of the Trail Runner when we traded it in and they now reside in our new Prowler!

Click on photos to see them larger:

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg TVBackerTrailRunner-IMG_0024.jpg ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

First shot Trail Runner living room, second shot Trail Runner bedroom TV (notice the backer plate sticker ABOVE the TV),
and the third shot shows the same 24" TV mounted in new Prowler.

I am looking around at 32" LED TV's to put in the living room of the Prowler and that 24" will go in the bedroom.

Here is a link to the same swing arm we bought at Camping World:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/master-mount-locking-cantilever-mount-small/51564

mjf55

I know this is an old thread, but.... Does anyone know how big the backer plate is in the bedroom? Pounding on the area, it seems to be rather small and mostly horizontal, although I may be feeling the shelving in the closet. I have a 26RLSS, so I am sure it would be similar. Thanks

mjf55

To answer my own question, the backer platest are just 2x3 running horizontal, right at the shelf level inside the cabinet. Not enough for my small bracket. I removed the trim and panel and attached a vertical 2x3 where I wanted the TV to mount. I don't know if they skipped installing a 'plate' on mine or they expect you to put a large TV bracket that will attach to 2 of the horizontal braces.