TV sound through Samsung

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I purchased and installed the Digital Optical line. Still no TV sound coming through speakers in coach. How should it be set up to get the TV sound over the home theater speakers?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Which Samsung receiver do you have? On the HT-X20 that I have, there is no connection for a HDMI plug. Only the standard RCA connectors. I don't get the TV to play through it, either. Just as well, no satelite and there's not much to watch during the summer, anyways. DVD's will blow the windows out, though, if I'm not careful.

DougAndJudy

I purchased and installed the Digital Optical line. Still no TV sound coming through speakers in coach. How should it be set up to get the TV sound over the home theater speakers?

On ours, we set the Samsung to D-IN. Turn the TV volume down to inaudible once you have the Samsung volume set where you want it (otherwise you will get an echo effect...)

RoadJunkie

You can turn off the television speakers when using optional external amplifier, the control is in the setup menu. My only problem with using the amplifier for better television sound is that the one has to keep alternating between sources to control volume and channels. My button-pushing finger is sooo tired.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Now to remember to try all this when we are in the coach. Just got back from wonderful trip to Tennessee and never thought to try it.