Uneven tire wear

kseagle

We have a 2011 Big Country 3250TS. It has Towmax STR Power King tires. They are wearing unevenly. The right front tire is showing extra wear on the outside tread. All other tires appear to be wearing evenly. Trailer has approx. 5,000 miles. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Attachments

• rtfront.jpg
    rtfront.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 88
  • lftfront.jpg
    lftfront.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 82
  • lftrear.jpg
    lftrear.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 78
  • rtrear.jpg
    rtrear.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 71

Rickt

You will need to an alignment done. I have just gone through the same thing and they found the alignment was off. The dealer coverede it under warranty.

Foudel24

Just looking with the experience of others to solve my problem with wear tire and the sail switch on the furnace.

57chevyconvt

Just removed two TOWMAX tires because of what I thought was an alignment problem. Turned out to be a tire problem, belt separation with
only 4300 miles.

GOTTOYS

I don't think you can do an alignment yourself. Could get as complicated as having to bend an axle into the proper position. There is nothing adjustable on the suspension like there is on a car or light truck. Best place to go is a shop that works on large trucks and semis. They will have what is needed to check and align. Not as expensive as you might think.... Don

TireHobby

A quick comparison check of the tire diameter will eliminate a tread or belt problem. It will be a little taller than the others if it’s starting to fail.

TireHobby

Did you ever find out what the cause of uneven wear was?

Its interesting to me because I have the exact same model and year 5th wheel & I'm having the same issue only on the right rear tire with about the same towing miles. I called Heartland and they said there is no warrenty on alignment but gave me the telephone # of the frame manufacture. The frame manufacture said there is no alignment adjustment and recommended against any bending, however they will replace the axle under warrenty if it is out of alignment. I have recently had all tires flipped on the rims and cross rotated them and increased the tire pressure to 85psi cold. I had not payed good attention to tire pressure in the past and they were all at about 68psi. I also have a tendancy to drive a bit fast frequently over 70mph.