Union pacific

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
I got it figured out! Since this is the place to say mine is better than yours and mine can pull more I have decided to weigh in. I am going to have a Union Pacific puller (18,000 horse power) fitted with 20" wheels and WELD the 5th wheel to it.......think this is overkill? Do you think I will DIE going down a grade or be unable to pull a summit? I can't wait for the here is what I have that is better and if you don't have it you will perish from the earth!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Lets race! I'm betting your welds will crack and i'll be across the finish line before you reach 10 mph.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Let's see..... For 18,000 hp you'll need to triple head 3 AC6000 locomotives. You will need to find some of the early test ones that were rated at 6000 hp and hope they don't blow up on ya.

Now at 423,000 lbs each for a combined weight of 1.27 million lbs.........Yes Chief, I think yer prolly gonna die as soon as you cross your first bridge and it ain't gonna matter if you're only pulling a 2800 lb Heartland MPG..... That is if you can get it rolling without sinking into the pavement up to her belly first.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Sure hope everyone knows I am just kidding and not making trouble...........just a little humor!

pmmjarrett

Thanks Chief.

Warrant officers are some of the best I ever chewed dust with.

Sgt Jarrett

pmmjarrett

Mike, you might see if you build a layout for one also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iy6rNMMN50&feature=related

Top speed of about 70mph would be fine dragging a camper.

I don't know where I'm gonna put a 1,073,900 lb locomotive or build a 4'-81/2" gauge layout.

I'll need to start with somebody donating 1700 acres to build my N scale layout in full scale and it will need to be a strip 480' x 1067' ........ Then I'm gonna need about a billion in cash to finish it and have UP donate the 3985 and the passenger cars to me... Yea, I don't see this happening any time soon.

I am going to have to settle on 9mm gauge track. N scale UP Challenger 3985 Why do ya think I heavily modified the Scenic Ridge track plan with much wider radius curves.;) I wan't one of these bad.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Airborne....only two things fall from the sky Birdcrap and fools...............brave bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the airborne.....tough as they come!!!!!!!!!