Upgrade Tires

We bought a used, but very nice 2011 31red this last spring, 5,600 lbs. dry. It had the usual LT 205/75R14 6 ply tires on it. We don't load it up with everything we own when we go, so I know I'm not pushing the weight limit- However- changing tires on the side of the road gets old quickly. Going to try 8ply's. Any advice?

Dean-Pam

We replaced our Towmax with Maxxis and have not regretted it, of course we also keep the speed at or below 65 mph.

Tundra2084

Purchased maxxis here as well and reviews on verious websites rated them as a very good tire with few problems. Very happy with these tires and not always looking in the rearview to see if we still have 4 inflated tires makes the trips less stressful and enjoyable.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
X3 for Maxxis. On our second set. Very pleased with how they held up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMinter

Have a 2014 Sundance XLT with, what do you know, Power King Towmax. I noticed that the tread was coming off one of the tires so made a quick trip to Discount for 5 new Maxxis LR E tires. When talking a Heartland Customer Service Representative about another issue, I mentioned to him that the tread came off one of my Tow Max tires and I wondered why Heartland put such defective tires on their RV's. He promptly replied that most of the Tow Max tire failures were due to overloading or underinflation or a combination. It was then that I told him it was the spare which had never been on the ground that the tread was peeling off of. He got very quiet! Kind of made up for the $600 I had just shelled out for new tires.

Mrsfish

Have a 2014 Sundance XLT with, what do you know, Power King Towmax. I noticed that the tread was coming off one of the tires so made a quick trip to Discount for 5 new Maxxis LR E tires. When talking a Heartland Customer Service Representative about another issue, I mentioned to him that the tread came off one of my Tow Max tires and I wondered why Heartland put such defective tires on their RV's. He promptly replied that most of the Tow Max tire failures were due to overloading or underinflation or a combination. It was then that I told him it was the spare which had never been on the ground that the tread was peeling off of. He got very quiet! Kind of made up for the $600 I had just shelled out for new tires.

wow- there's an arizona chapter member who also had his tow max tire separate while in the spare tire position. That's wild that there was even 1 incident of this, let alone 2. Bad,bad tires.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our tread did not come off, but it was the spare with less than 1000 miles on it that looked like a hex nut when removed. We were also not overloaded or under inflated. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443151961.615085.jpg

This was back in 2011, tires less than 2 years old.... These tires need to not be on your coach if you have them.

Bones

Our tread did not come off, but it was the spare with less than 1000 miles on it that looked like a hex nut when removed. We were also not overloaded or under inflated. View attachment 40369

This was back in 2011, tires less than 2 years old.... These tires need to not be on your coach if you have them.

Wow. I do plan on replacing my tires eventually with the sailun brand. I just need to find a place somewhat local to do it.

justafordguy

Wow. I do plan on replacing my tires eventually with the sailun brand. I just need to find a place somewhat local to do it.

Hey Bones, order them from simpletire.com and then have a local tire store mount them for you. You will love the Sailun S637s they are very good tires.

Bones

Hey Bones, order them from simpletire.com and then have a local tire store mount them for you. You will love the Sailun S637s they are very good tires.

I see two different tires for the S637. and prices are different. Do you know why?