Urbanna, VA Rally Discussion Thread

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I made reservations at Ashland also so we will be there on the7th see you soon Bernie and Judi !! Not sure where we will stay on the first night but we will figure it out.

I should be getting a pretty big referral check from them soon! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!:rolleyes:

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I agree you should call them and tell them that.. LOL!! I thought it was a KOA at first cause it was in my KOA book. Looks like a nice place now just need to find a place near Huntington W Va. we will find somewhere to stay thanks Gus for all your help.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
it has been a few years since I have camped down in VA but the last time I was down there I stayed at American Heritage ( if memory serves me ) they were reasonably priced. I just checked and they are only 50$ a night.

boatto5er

RE: the Americamps in Ashland, It went from being an Americamps to a KOA about three years ago, then back to Americamps about a year ago. It's owned by the same folks that own the Fayetteville RV Resort in North Carolina and the Twin Grove CG in PA. The best part about it is the big Bass Pro Shop on the opposite side of I95, about 200 yards as the crow flies, or 3 miles by vehicle. :) There's also a huge RV dealer (McGeorges Rolling Hills) just up the road if you need something in an emergency.

boatto5er

it has been a few years since I have camped down in VA but the last time I was down there I stayed at American Heritage ( if memory serves me ) they were reasonably priced. I just checked and they are only 50$ a night.

One of our favorite RV parks in VA Kevin.

oldmannj

I seem to recall last year there being a flea market of sorts for club members. Will there be anything of that nature this rally? Didn't see anything in the marketplace heading that looked like what I remember seeing in the discussion thread last year.

happykraut

I seem to recall last year there being a flea market of sorts for club members. Will there be anything of that nature this rally? Didn't see anything in the marketplace heading that looked like what I remember seeing in the discussion thread last year.
I spoke with JB earlier this year and asked him if we would have the "For Sale" tables again and the answer was yes.

mobilcastle

We are on the list if their is a cancellation-have not heard from anyone. Have you been able to get anymore sites? Do we need to call the park?
Thanks
Steve

jbeletti

We are on the list if their is a cancellation-have not heard from anyone. Have you been able to get anymore sites? Do we need to call the park?
Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

The waitlist is an automatic process. When the next person cancels, the first person on the list gets an email invitation to register. No need to call Bethpage as I am controlling the number of rally registrations and have capped it at 125. The cap is related to my budget. Heartland covers about 50% of the rally cost. I have to budget that 50%.

Very soon, I will be taking a critical look at rally expenses versus budget to see if I can squeeze a few more sites in. We have about 10 people on the waitlist and I'd like to see them all be able to join us.

jbeletti

Ed - Bernie called it. Yes, I do plan to have a Attendee to Atendee For Sale table. It will be smaller than in the past as the space in the venue is more limited than what I'm used to having. But for small items, it should work out good.

That said, often, attendees have larger items to sell, such as pinboxes, hitches, tripods, tires, wheels, axles etc. On these items, some have found it better to post on the forum, what they have for sale in an effort to pre-sell them. I.e., they will bring the large item to the rally only if it is pre-sold. Then the item never makes it to the table (wouldn't fit anyway) - the buyer meets at the seller's RV to finalize the transaction.

I have created a thread for attendees to post their for sale items in an effort to pre-sell them.

Click here to post your For Sale item at the Urbanna, VA rally.

oldmannj

Thank you J.B. stumbled upon the thread about 2 minutes after you posted and already listed my item. YOU DA MAN!!!! ED.:angel:

boatto5er

Here's another tip. When you come down Browns Lane to the Campground entrance, it is around a half-mile from the main road (County Rd 602). DO NOT go past the turn in to the campground! :eek: It is almost impossible to find a place to turn around and not a pleasant feeling backing up if you go past the entrance.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks for the heads up about the campground entrance Gus. Maybe Jim and the staff can come up with a way to flag the entrance with some type of Heartland banner/flags/balloons for ez seeing.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
UPDATE: 4/23/2014: 12 additional sites have been added.

UPDATE: 4/23/2014: Thanks to the interest shown by members who signed up for the rally waitlist, 12 additional sites have been added. Emails were sent out to notify all who were on the waitlist that they could now register for the rally. Unfortunately, as sometimes happens with automated functions, there was a glitch and the emails were pretty much a dud except for the announcement part.

All the emails started with the salutation "Hi, Jon". Never fear, if you received an email the email was directed to you.

The link may or may not have been present. The correct link to register for the rally is https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1479079

If you have any questions, please email me at club@heartlandowners.org or call me at 336-446-9462.

Julie Hancock
Manager, Heartland Owners Club

boatto5er

Re: UPDATE: 4/23/2014: 12 additional sites have been added.

OK, time for another tip. Hope this isn't a repeat. Fuel stations with Diesel available are few and far between in the immediate Urbanna area. The last time I was there (about 2 years ago) there was only one station in town with Diesel and it was closed on Sundays. The other nearest stations will be 10-15 miles away. I suggest filling up anytime you are out and about doing the tourist thing before you head back toward the campground.

boatto5er

Waterpark.jpgswimlake.jpg
The water park and swimming lake at BethPage for those who haven't seen them. Hope it's warm while we're there!