US-89 closed in Arizona and Utah.....

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob,
I had not heard about this. Thanks for the heads up.

It appears to be between Page and Lee's Ferry. It also sounds like it is going to be closed for quite a while.

We usually go up I-15 through St George to get to our place in Southern Utah.

I have also pulled both ways on 89 through Page several times, heading to and from Flagstaff. Very scenic drive.

Of course, anywhere up there is scenic. :cool: IMHO Trace

Last edited:

gschaaf

Bob thanks for the information on #89 we're heading out that way this summer after we leave Goshen

Lynn1130

89 is closed south of Page. To my knowledge there is no closure in Utah. This section is in Arizona. It will be closed for a long period.

Attachments

• 51251c2315248.preview-620.jpg
    51251c2315248.preview-620.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 61

scottyb

I was through there last November, going to Lake Powell. I left the Cyclone in Strawberry, AZ because we were going out on a houseboat. It was a bucking bronco ride through there. Probably would have been 45 mph max with the Cyclone.

Lynn1130

I have made many a trip in the dark pulling the boat to Powell. We would leave after work and make the 5 hour drive, sleep in the boat and launch early in the morning to spend several days on the lake. I am VERY happy that this did not happen on one of those trips. It would have been a major malfunction to have driven into this at 11:00 at night going up the hill to the top of the mesa. It was bad enough trying to dodge the sheep and goats on the road LOL.