Vessel sink

Capt7383

My bathroom vessel sink in my BC 3070 came completely off the counter. From what I can see it was only held on with silicone rubber. Is this correct? I would have thought some sort of threaded "thing" would have been employed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had same problem. It is sealed with silicone but it is held in be the stopper and the drain pipe leading to the p trap. It is not hard to replace. I think I had a thread on my replacement.

Capt7383

Mine lifted right off without unscrewing a thing. Guess i just have to glue it back with GEII silicone

jassson007

Mine did too. It lifted off because the thin metal pipe corroded and basically broke.

dbbls59

There should be a large nut on the drain pipe beneath the sink in the cabinet. Just screw it back on.

Capt7383

No wonder the sink lifted off
b7dd6b701bda48c87759ef25668794d1.jpg

And the trailer is a 2014, looks like it was made from pot metal

jassson007

That is exactly what happened to mine. Not a hard fix. Parts weren't that bad either if you are out of warranty like I was.

Capt7383

I fixed it. Cost me $35 got the drain from lowes, easy instal. With the amount of silicone the factory used I gotta believe these drains are a problem for them

GOTTOYS

Mine did the same thing also. New drain and a new stopper to get rid of the copper one that kept turning color. I had to reuse the spacer that was under the sink but first I cleaned it and painted it so it might not corrode again...Don

lynndiwagoner

Looks like this is a common problem. Mine came loose on our last trip and the drain looked just like Capt"s....rotted. Not Heartland's problem in particular but they need to know about it so they can quit using that supplier. Capt, what drain did you end up with from Lowe's? Maybe someone from Heartland will chime in and advise if the original manufacturer will step up with a replacement, although that might not be a good idea due to the fact that if the replacement drain assembly is the same as the original it might not last.

Capt7383

I cant remember what brand I bought at lowes, but if memory serves it was thirty something

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk