Washer/Dryer Prep in 2014 4000

Hi,

I am trying to find out if the washer/dryer prep that comes in the front bedroom in the 4000 is configured for washer/dryer combos with vents? Or do we need to get a ventless combo?

Are there any 2014 4000 owners out there that could enlighten me?

Thanks so much!:)

danemayer

Hi boyhaulerdad,

I know that on Landmarks and Bighorns, the plumbing is in place for the washer/dryer but the overflow tray/drain and vent are not. They're installed by the factory if you order the washer/dryer from the factory. If you buy them locally, all that gets done locally. I would think it's the same for Cyclones.

If you have full-body paint, the vent will need to be painted locally to match.

You might ask whether the factory would process a special order for the vent, tray and drain without an order for the washer/dryer.

On edit, I guess I'm confused because I just saw your other post that you found a unit that you're buying from a dealer, and it has washer/dryer.

I should have said that we are having one installed (I didn't explain). I didn't have a chance to ask the dealer today but will certainly ask if the venting is included. I honestly just thought of it this evening. I will make sure to find out the next time we speak.

porthole

Retired
Any of the dryers with the ventless option will not work anywhere near as well as the vented units. Plus they add unnecessary heat and moisture to the inside of the coach.

ParkIt

Any of the dryers with the ventless option will not work anywhere near as well as the vented units. Plus they add unnecessary heat and moisture to the inside of the coach.
That is why I like a floor plan where the w/d isn't in the bedroom closet, no way to really vent it without having it installed professionally at which point I wonder where the vent would be placed...under the cap?
I can't imagine the dust and humidity that would gather in the closet on a 'ventless' unit, its still going to create heat and moisture . Already checked, I can run a drain straight down too for any "oops" moments and condensation. That is another issue you may want to look at when its being installed, ask the dealer if they can also install a small floor drain or pan just in case it leaks.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
That is why I like a floor plan where the w/d isn't in the bedroom closet, no way to really vent it without having it installed professionally at which point I wonder where the vent would be placed...under the cap ?
I can't imagine the dust and humidity that would gather in the closet on a 'ventless' unit, its still going to create heat and moisture . Already checked, I can run a drain straight down too for any "oops" moments and condensation. That is another issue you may want to look at when its being installed, ask the dealer if they can also install a small floor drain or pan just in case it leaks.
Not sure I understand this. Ours was self-installed in the bedroom closet and it was fairly easy to install the outside vent.

ParkIt

Where did you install it? I ask because I haven't seen one (LM, BH BC) with a vent in front where the closet is, I think a lot of people don't install them assuming the "ventless" really means no additional vent is needed. They usually find out later enough damage has occurred from it not being vented.
Then again we are just starting to see more Heart Land models in our neck of the country, the Cyclones are pretty popular though and have been for awhile.

boatto5er

Where did you install it? I ask because I haven't seen one (LM, BH BC) with a vent in front where the closet is, I think a lot of people don't install them assuming the "ventless" really means no additional vent is needed. They usually find out later enough damage has occurred from it not being vented.
Then again we are just starting to see more Heart Land models in our neck of the country, the Cyclones are pretty popular though and have been for awhile.

We installed a vent on the side wall. Same place the factory puts it. Our "adventures" are documented somewhere here on the forum in a couple of different threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phatkd

I too had a stacked washer/dryer installed at the dealership upon purchase. They did an awesome job with installation and venting. The exterior vent is a highly polished stainless steel vent on the outside wall. Looks and functions awesome that way.

I would take pics for you, but the 5ver is in getting a few things done to it.

remoandiris

+1 and it is easy to do. No need to pay for a "professional" installation. Just make sure the factory vent location is correctly marked in the closet. Yes, the factory puts a mark there for you.

Our combo is in the front bedroom closet and is vented directly out the side.

boatto5er

That is why I like a floor plan where the w/d isn't in the bedroom closet, no way to really vent it without having it installed professionally at which point I wonder where the vent would be placed...under the cap?

We installed ours (with some friendly help) without a "professional" shop doing it. It wasn't terribly hard - just a lot of measuring and sweat. Ditto on checking the vent location mark. Ours was not in the correct spot.

Garypowell

5 Outside Vent.JPGSomeone asked to see a picture of the vent. This is from my install (while on the road) of our dryer vent in a 3010RE where the washer/dryer is in the bedroom closet. I drilled where the inside sticker said to and still hit an aluminum frame member. I did not have a jig saw with me so I used a series of small drill holes and then cut with hacksaw blade between them. The beauty of most project like this is that the trim of the vent covered the ugly hole.

remoandiris

Considering Gary, Gus, and I each hit an aluminum frame member when cutting the vent hole, maybe that is the factory's intent. I have no idea why, but...

I also put some caulk behind the outside vent frame to seal out the weather. And I also put masking tape on the outside where the saw was going to cut thru the exterior. Hoped it would prevent cracking. I don't know whether it helped or not, but I had no cracks when done. A brand new hole saw was probably the key.

Garypowell

I called HL before I did the install and was told by rep that if I hit frame member not to worry. I was told "the engineers did a study that proved there would be no permanent damage if you cut one 100% through".

I only cut cut it about 50% so I did not worry about it. I think if I had been at home I could have done a better job of finding the frame but was limited in what Tools I had. Cutting a small pilot hole on the inside and then probing front to back looking for the stud would have been best.