Waste Dump Valves

ndmac

First of all I understand that the factory generally designs these to dump at waste station or campground site sewer systems.

We have permanent site we stay at 8+ months a year and there are not sewer connections on the sites, so this brings me to my point.

Why they make the discharge height of these valves so low to the ground especially when the ground clearance is available to AVOID this?

Many of use that us Barker or other brand type honey wagons and this is very frustrating.

I know you can dig out, but why?

Attachments

• IMG_2495.jpg
    IMG_2495.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 129

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at your picture is seems like the 3" black waste pipe is a pretty long run.
So in order for stuff to flow it has to go down hill.
Do you think that there is room to cut a horizontal area of the pipe and raise it up a bit?

Peace
Dave

ndmac

Looking at your picture is seems like the 3" black waste pipe is a pretty long run.
So in order for stuff to flow it has to go down hill.
Do you think that there is room to cut a horizontal area of the pipe and raise it up a bit?

Peace
Dave

Dave,
Yes there is. That is my plan, not only will that give more clearance it will keep me from crawling under the slide to connect.
Also putting valves at the discharge for better control at point of discharge.

I can move main valve back to where 3" comes out of belly and still get 1/2 to 1" + drop on the 1-1/2" Grey water line coming from the back.

The front black water tank does not drain good traveling all that distance the way it is setup right now so it should help with that problem also.

Attachments

• IMG_2489.jpg
    IMG_2489.jpg
    716.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2487.jpg
    IMG_2487.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    836.8 KB · Views: 106

AAdams

It looks like they dropped the 1-1/2" pretty far to get to the level of the 3". If there is room could you cut right above the 3" 90 and install this 90 turned straight out with a 2"x 1-1/2" bushing then cut the 1-1/2" above the downward offset and run it longer up to the 90 side outlet. You would need to find a place that you could get the fitting to attach the sewer hose with though unless you could cut it off the old wye and put in the new 90. This would raise the 3" up about 3" or more.

ndmac

It looks like they dropped the 1-1/2" pretty far to get to the level of the 3". If there is room could you cut right above the 3" 90 and install this 90 turned straight out with a 2"x 1-1/2" bushing then cut the 1-1/2" above the downward offset and run it longer up to the 90 side outlet. You would need to find a place that you could get the fitting to attach the sewer hose with though unless you could cut it off the old wye and put in the new 90. This would raise the 3" up about 3" or more.

That's the plan. But why do they not think these things through. I have heard it asked on here before "Does anyone building these things actually camp/use them" LOL

I can cut 1-1/2 right behind the "Fitting tree" (Can't see it in the other pictures) and run it straight into the new Valve I ordered.

Attachments

• Valterra T80.jpg
    Valterra T80.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2985.JPG
    IMG_2985.JPG
    579.1 KB · Views: 67

ndmac

Success! Mod complete and everything drains so much better!
No crawling under slide to connect the tote and I also have valves right at the tank.
$50 and 20 minutes of my life worth it for much easier to access!
FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Hardest part was finding ABS pipe...LOL