Water at door bottom Norcold 1210 Ser.# 17583080

I have water dripping at the door bottom when I open the Re fridge, it is getting into the drawer at the bottom and I am concerned for the wood being damaged. I will check seals and Plug at outside vent,seems like a condensation problem. Temps. in Freezer and fridge are good.

jimtoo

HI Luckysilverado,

Check the drain pan under the inside fins to make sure it is draining and properly installed,,, may have gotten knocked out of place while traveling. If any water is in it you need to make sure the outside drain line is not plugged.

Jim M

danemayer

Not too long ago someone's better half cleaned the drainage tray and put it back facing the wrong direction. The collected water drained inside instead of outside.

danemayer

Excess condensation can be caused by air leaks.

Check the door seals. Close the doors on a dollar bill and pull the bill out. There should be some drag. On 4 door models, there's a flap on the left door that rotates into position to close the gap between doors. It has to make good contact.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A while back we had some water on the bottom of the fridge. I thought "how can this be?"
Well, my wife likes to stuff the fridge till it is bulging.
What happened is that she had items against the fins and the condensate was wicking to those items and then dripped to the bottom and at times leaked out of the doors.
Just something to look at.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've also found that if you leave the door open for longer than a few seconds each time you grab something out of the fridge, it looses it's cool and takes awhile to get cold again in the fridge!

Best advice . . . don't keep the door open longer than a few seconds whenever you get something out of the fridge!

We usually only keep food in our fridge/freezer and keep pops (soda), juice and beer in a separate cooler when out with our trailer!

Beer is better on ice, anywayz . . . :cool: