Water bypassing in 4 way Anderson valve

dona

My Big Horn is a 2014 and the anderson 4 function water valve is bypassing water to the fresh water tank in the city position. It is out of warranty by 4 months so does anyone out there have any ideas. Thanks Don

danemayer

Hi dona,

There are 2 possibilities that are likely. One is that the 4-way valve is leaking. It's possible to remove the core to inspect for damaged o-rings. Here's a link to the documents on the valve.

The other possibility is that the water is flowing backwards through the water pump. This is actually a pretty common failure and is the more likely possibility in my opinion. It's also pretty easy to fix at low cost. Page 11 of our Water Systems Guide has a drawing the illustrates the problem. The $15 fix is to install an inline check valve to augment the one in the pump that's no longer working. One source is Amazon.com. Another choice would be a 1/2" Sharkbite check valve, available at Home Depot.

jbeletti

When I replaced my Anderson 4-Way Valve, I found a small stone was keeping the swing-gate check valve onpen at the water hose connection to the valve.

avvidclif

When I replaced my Anderson 4-Way Valve, I found a small stone was keeping the swing-gate check valve open at the water hose connection to the valve.

Hmmm, makes me think I want my filters before the Anderson instead of just after as I planned.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I filter my water prior to the inlet in the UDC. That way no sediment ever enters the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

That's what I have always done. On the new trailer I was going to remove the access wall behind the valve, add hinges and then mount the filters on the inside of the "new" door so they were not in the basement area. Of course that would have been after the Anderson valve and in the line feeding the RV from either city or pump. I now see a problem with that so will save some work and just do it like I've always done.

Thanks to everyone. To the OP I am sorry you have a problem but maybe you kept me from having one. TIA