water filter options on the 21FBS?

chrispitude

Our 2008 Rockwood 2605 came with a whole-house water filter installed right at the water pump, complete with a charcoal filter. This was great because no matter how nasty the water was at the state park, the water tasted great in the trailer (cooking in kitchen, brushing teeth in bathroom, etc.).

I understand that none of the North Trails come with water filters. What options do I have for installing water filtration on my yet-to-be-delivered North Trail 21FBS? Where is the water pump even located on these units, and how much room to work is in there?

Thanks!

- Chris

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Looking at the floor plan, it's a good guess that the pump is located under the kitchen sink. Our Forest River TT had the pump and a single filter under the sink on that side of the trailer. The filter covered both the pumped tank water and the city water connection. In that rig, the gravity fill for the tank was on the door side and the city water hookup was on the off-door side.

Changing the filter in that rig was a royal PITA due to the confined space. Almost impossible to get the canister out without dumping water all over inside the cabinet. If you decide to put one under your sink (if that's where it needs to be), consider using an excess length of hose on it so you can pull it out from underneath and set it in a pan or bucket before unscrewing the water-filled canister.

Chris, The water pump is under the stove and there isn't much extra room for filters, We just use a in-line filter on the hose out side. We also bring 5 gal
of RO water from home for drinking, coffee, cooking, etc. I also fill the fresh water tank with the same in line filter to take out the clorine etc from our great city water. And Ilike having the extra 5 gal of water if the pump doesn't work, no water hook up or Truck problems. Enjoy your new NT We love ours just don't
have enough time to camp as much as we would like.
Happy Camping !
Dale
PS You might also try (North Trail Talk .com) for any other questions If you haven't already It's a great fourm.

fishrag_1

Sam--
We've had ours 21fbs for a year and have a small filter attached to the kitchen snk facet. Works well for us and the replacement cartrages are available @ WM in pair packs. One filter lasts us out 30 days of camping. See my post in modifications titled Modifications and other stuff on this site or www.northtrailerstalk.com