Water Hook ups

SMAJ

We bought a 2009 Repo,ed Bighorn 3670RL and have no manuals other than the generic one off the web. When you hook up to city water with a hose, can the water be left on, or does it just fill the tank? :confused:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
AMAJ, when you hook up to city water, just leave it on and use all the faucets the way you would at home. You will only fill your fresh water tank if you put your hose into the fill hole.

Peace
Dave

Yianni

And don't forget you will probably need a pressure reducer if you are hooking to city water.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Along with the pressure regulator (don't get one of the cheap plastic things), you might consider some kind of filtration. It can be as simple as a single in-line filter, or a two-bowl arrangment like mine. When buying a regulator, a key consideration is what the flow rate, or gpm, is. The little plastic ones will greatly restrict the flow into your rig.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Along with the pressure regulator (don't get one of the cheap plastic things), you might consider some kind of filtration. It can be as simple as a single in-line filter, or a two-bowl arrangment like mine. When buying a regulator, a key consideration is what the flow rate, or gpm, is. The little plastic ones will greatly restrict the flow into your rig.

Even the brass ones can be junk. Mine only lets 40psi thru. Getting a new adjustable one this winter.

JohnDar

Even the brass ones can be junk. Mine only lets 40psi thru. Getting a new adjustable one this winter.

Mine (Watts N55BG) is preset to 50 psi, but is adjustable. The flow rate is 6 - 9 gpm. The incoming CG pressure was around 45 psi, according to the gage.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Well, after reading the Heartland warrany manual in Feb O8, it says plain and simple not to exceed 65lbs. psi in the water line. One of the warranty reps told me not to worry and I didn't need a water pressure regulator. Yeah, right. I am curious how many lbs if any does the double filtration system of sediment and charcoal bought at the water filter store JimBo sent me to online, reduce the PSI. Anyone know if any?

jbeletti

Larry,

I measured the PS drop across my two filters once but have forgotten the loss. I think it was on the order of 5-10 PSI. Honestly, with a water softener added after two stages of filtration, I rarely add the regulator as I usually have enough built-in self-regulation.

That said, I do carry a Watts 263A with me and when I am on systems with super-high pressure, the regulator goes on at the hydrant.

Jim

nemo45

Where can you purchase an adjustable regulator? I went to camping world yesterday and they didn't have any.

JohnDar

Where can you purchase an adjustable regulator? I went to camping world yesterday and they didn't have any.

I think some have found them at HD or Lowes, or plumbing supply houses. I got my filter system and regulator from these folks, online. It's not inexpensive, but the system I put together came in a little under $200, counting hoses, fittings, and the tote.

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/ABFiltration.htm

wdk450

Manuals Online

We bought a 2009 Repo,ed Bighorn 3670RL and have no manuals other than the generic one off the web. When you hook up to city water with a hose, can the water be left on, or does it just fill the tank? :confused:

For manuals for the many devices on a Heartland RV, click on the "Tools" link at the top of this page which will take you to this webpage:
http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/