Water Issue

Has anyone experience a collection of water after a hard rain in the belly of their unit? We were in Texas last week with all of the rain and noticed while preparing to leave and noticed the bottom slightly bowed and water leaking from underneath our unit. Is there reason for me to be alarmed or is this something that happens? I am still quite new to this life and we have only had our camper for 2 months.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

Are you sure it is fresh water and not gray water from a leaking valve or a cracked tank? My friends Big Counter had two cracked tanks on the first outing. It happens.

carl.swoyer

Possibly the fresh water over flow drain needs an extension .mine would spill into the belly cuts length of water hose and attach to both sides

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

carl.swoyer

Not at the moment we found the freshwater tank overfill was emptying into the belly

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

busted2341

That is a water leak. I would start with the refrigerator ice maker line if you have one. Open up the bottom and find where its leaking from, weather your lucky enough to just find an over fill that others have talked about or the leak. I have had two into the underbelly and so have many others that I personally know. If it's already dripping from the belly, then it is saturated in there. Get to it ASAP.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You could do as many others have done. Put a small hole in the low spots of the coroplast. Let the water drain out. You could use a 1/4 " drill bit, but be careful how deep you drill. If the leak persists then you do have an issue that needs repaired. Normally there is nothing in the belly that will be damaged by water.

mlpeloquin

You could do as many others have done. Put a small hole in the low spots of the coroplast. Let the water drain out. You could use a 1/4 " drill bit, but be careful how deep you drill. If the leak persists then you do have an issue that needs repaired. Normally there is nothing in the belly that will be damaged by water.

Good if it is fresh water. If not, use a bucket and the back side of the drill or Gorilla tape to seal it while the bucket is being emptied. I had to do this about a month ago in dirt at a RV park. The new gray water valve, two trips old, leaked from the bottom. Replaced the gaskets and so far so good.