Water Leaking into the slide room rug

lorax

While traveling in the rain, the rug on the floor of the slide room gets wet. When the slide room is deployed the seal on the bottom is tucked in. This means that when the slide comes in nothing will happen to the seal. Should the seal be out (the others are) when the slide room is out? Can I simply pull it out and see what happens?

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I do believe it should be out like the others.
There should be a couple of tabs about 4 or 5 inches from the outside edge that flip the seal depending on which direction the slide is headed, I would check to see if they are there. You will see similar tabs on the sides and top for reference. The ones on the top of my slide came loose and fortunately I did not lose them, I located where they were suppossed to be and glued them back in place. Good Luck!

CactusTwo

If you think that it leaked during travel maybe check bottom seal around the wheel wells as there is quite a good splash there while travelling in the rain. Ours leaked at the front as the water travelled in thru the propane room bottoms and along inside the underside trim. A wee caulk and it was fixed
Len