Water pressure

Lee

I am new to this so I hope this don't sound like to dumb of a question. We spent last summer helping at a girls camp, and will be back this summer, they have a spring for a water supply, but pressure is low. It was hard to take a shower as the water drizzles out of the shower head. Is it OK to use the hose hook up and the pump from the fresh tank at the same time to get more pressure. Thanks Lee

jimtoo

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You should be fine I think. The pump has or there is a check valve in the system so it cannot pump backwards. When you run the pump it will be pulling from the tank only I think, so you will need to add water to it occasionally. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon and either confirm or correct me. :)

Enjoy the forum and your Sundance.

Jim M

branson4020

Icantre Member
If the hose pressure is less than the pump pressure, there is no point in using both. Just use the hose to keep your fresh water tank filled.

Lance & Jo

We do it quite often as the water pressure here varies from day to day. I just try to remember to keep the tank full for those days when the pressure is down to 0.

hoefler

If you run both at the same time, you will only get water from the tank and not the city hook up. Since the pump is higher pressure, it will close the check valve at the city water connection. Like suggested above, use the hose to keep the fresh water tank full and use the pump for you faucets.

PeternLiane

We had to do it in our SOB and it was fine. We never had an issue. Just remember to keep the Fresh water tank filled while using the pump and you'll be fine.

ga993

Hello All,

Also new to this, and would like to echo Lee's question above. We have a 2010 32 BHDS and have been to 4-5 different campsites and each time we have had hardly any water pressure. Ours too just drizzles out. Is there a regulator, or something I can adjust to increase pressure? I have rented Class As and Cs in the past and had much better pressure, so wondering if this is isolated to TTs.

jimtoo

Hi ga993,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family.

If you have good water flow and pressure at your hose when hooked to the campground, then you could have a backflow preventer not working correctly and slowing down your flow or you could also have the inlet screen plugged with debris, scale from the lines and just junk. You might remove the faucet screen and check.

Jim M

Hello All,

Also new to this, and would like to echo Lee's question above. We have a 2010 32 BHDS and have been to 4-5 different campsites and each time we have had hardly any water pressure. Ours too just drizzles out. Is there a regulator, or something I can adjust to increase pressure? I have rented Class As and Cs in the past and had much better pressure, so wondering if this is isolated to TTs.

ga993

Hi ga993,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family.

If you have good water flow and pressure at your hose when hooked to the campground, then you could have a backflow preventer not working correctly and slowing down your flow or you could also have the inlet screen plugged with debris, scale from the lines and just junk. You might remove the faucet screen and check.

Jim M

Thanks Jim,

I will remove the screen and check for the debris. Is this "backflow preventer" something that is accessible and adjustable, or?

Brandon

danemayer

If you have a trickle coming out of the campground faucet, similar to what you get in the shower, use your fresh water tank and the pump.
But, if you have good water flow at the campground faucet, you're losing it somewhere on the way to the shower.

Water Pressure and Water Flow are not the same. Most inexpensive pressure regulators have very low water flow (1/2 to 1 gal/min). Here's an explanation.

I've been using 2 types that both regulate pressure while allowing good flow.
One is the Watts 263A. which allows 4-5 gal/min. High quality and pricey.
The other is used for irrigation and allows up to 7 gal/min. 40 PSI Sen Hose Reg (FHxMH) part number: PRSG40. Inexpensive but seems to work.