Water Tank Drain on '11 3055RL

Is there a way to drain the water tank on a 2011 BigHorn 3055RL other than letting the faucets run and filling up the gray water tank? I cannot seem to find a drain valve anywhere.
Thanks.
GregB

Two Hands

I have a 2007 Big Horn 3055RL. Yours is a lot newer than mine, so they probably are not set up the same. So, keeping that in mind: there are two valves in the docking center with a diagram showing how they should be positioned for draining the water tank. Put the valves in that position and turn on the water pump. The water is pumped out a drain hose under the docking center. Remember, your set up is very likely different than mine.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unless they've radically changed things, there should be a short hose with a valve on it sticking out of the underbelly on the ODS, near the sewer connection. It's a gravity drain, no pumping required. At least that's where the fresh water tank drain is on mine. I also have two low point drains on the DS, but I believe HL discontinued them after the 2009 models.

View attachment 9365

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Greg, I do not have a 2011 model, but in the past there was a fresh water tank drain located on the off door side somewhere around the axles. It is just a piece of PEX tubing with a valve on the end. Open to drain the tank.
Let us know when you find a way to drain the tank, and how you did it.

Peace
Dave

Willym

You should have a valve and short length of plastic pipe under the trailer, sticking out through the Coroplast underbelly cover. This drains the FW tank directly.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mine is located in the same place. If you open a fauset inside it will drain faster. But you can turn on the pump and it will drain faster.

ROTCMAN

I have a 2005 Big Horn 3200RL and the fresh water drain works the same way as Two Hands describes for his 2007 3055RL. With the water pump turned on, turning the two valves housed in the docking center will use the pump to draw the fresh water out of the tank and pump it dry, expelling the water out a pex tube through the underbelly. Perhaps the physical location of the fresh water tank on certain models will not allow gravity alone to drain the tank due to the routing of the drain hose? I don't know why else the designers would discontinue such a convenient feature in newer models? I have examined the tubing connected to these two valves many times and have been completly puzzled as to how it works, but it does.