Water Tank Outlet to Pump

Flanman5

I have a 2012 Torque 291, was wondering where the outlet to the pump from the water tank is? Is it at the top or Bottom of the tank. I dropped the coroplast last year and spray foams it, installed tank heaters but still it froze.

Any info and pictures would be great thanks,

Edwin

Flanman5

No one has an idea of where the inlet from the anderson valve does in to the water tank? Is it Teed in off the drain valve? Is it a hole on the side and if so what side? Thanks a bunch.

danemayer

Hi Edwin,

I don't know exactly how a Torque is plumbed. But generally the Pex line to the fresh tank is on the off-door-side. The drain valve is usually slightly in front of the front axle and is teed into the fresh tank line a few inches above the valve. Generally, the line between pump and fresh tank will connect on the front surface of the fresh tank, near the bottom of the tank.

In sub-freezing weather, the water in the drain line that sits below the coroplast, and above the drain valve, will freeze because it's not heated. Even if insulated, that only slows the transfer of the little bit of heat in the water. It won't take long at 10 F to freeze that exposed section of hose. The ice can wick up the line into the tee and block the line between the fresh tank and pump.

The heated underbelly will help prevent this if you're running the furnace enough. But even so, as temps get colder, the underbelly heat isn't always enough. You'll need heat tape on the fresh water line, as well as a heating pad on the fresh tank. You may also need to keep the pump warm by hanging a heat lamp nearby.

We have an owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide that covers all this and more.

Flanman5

Thanks for the response. I have dropped and discarded the coroplast and had the whole bottom from front to back spray foamed. I also heat padded all the tanks before spray foaming. Now with this info about the drain and tee I will be build a heated something for the drain...
Thanks again, I appreciated your time and response.

Edwin

danemayer

From your description, the fresh water line is no longer heated by the furnace so you'll need to protect the entire line with heat tape.

Flanman5

Correct so I will chip out what above the drain line and clean up the inlet line and heat tape it and re spray foam...

Thanks again.

Edwin