We'll have to flip a coin now.

Elevatorman

Had the Freestars balanced today, and the DGF and I will have to flip a coin to see who sacrifices what for the weight gain due to all the tire weights added. She say's I'll have to leave some beer at home. I've never seen that much in weights added to tires. By the way , this was the first look at the wheel bearings, good thing, as all of them had a minimal amount of lube from the factory. Even the spindle had no lube inside from the zerk fitting inwards. I would have done this the day I brought it home had I known! Hopefully they will be happy for this last longer trip this fall. Discount Tire gave me a price of $280 each for the Goodyears. I'll have to put them on the short list, as everything to do with the rolling parts and pieces of this unit has me concerned and glued to the mirrors!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
$280 is kinda high for GY's. I just payed $250 + mounting and balancing. Do more looking around.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Take a look at Michelin XPS Ribs. I have run Michelins for a long time and have had no problems. For the weight of your trailer they should work. You might look at them and see.

Oh.. yes. they are a bit more expensive but check the spec's and see what you think. I have to much invested in my Bighorn to go for a tire because of price.. Now I am not knockng Goodyear. Their 614's are good but for the size of Big Country Michelins will prove to be a good investment. Yes it is insurance. What was it they said, Pay me now or Pay me later.

BC