What are these and why is water pouring out!

Hi

I have a 2014 Cyclone. Noticed water coming out on left side of front steps. I disvovered 2 rubber hoses with no caps on them with water pouring out. I cannot figure out what they are and why they are behaving like this. Are they some kind of pressure relief? Also noticed that water had started to gather in undercarriage. Does anyone have any info for me?

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 214

danemayer

Those look like the fresh tank overflow fittings. If you weren't adding water to the fresh tanks, or towing, and the rig is level, you could have a problem where the fresh tank is filling by itself when you're hooked up to city water. In that case, take a look at our user guide on Fresh Tank Filling by Itself in this folder.

I've attached a photo of a Landmark fresh tank showing the fitting on the top corner of the tank before they add a PEX line through the frame, and terminate it with a 90 degree fitting. Your rig probably has 2 fresh tanks, hence 2 overflows.

Attachments

• Fresh Tank Support 2015.jpg
    Fresh Tank Support 2015.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 153

SNOKING

Anderson valve in wrong position or bad o-rings. Call Heartland for a new slug for the valve if it is in the correct position. Chris

Dane- you are my new hero! I followed the steps and water was just pouring through the tank fitting when we had it set for city. Your analysis was spot on. We will order a new 4-way and hopefully this will solve problem. Do you think that this issue could have resulted in some water in the undercarriage?

danemayer

Dane- you are my new hero! You followed the steps and water was just pouring through the tank fitting when we had it set for city. Your analysis was spot on. We will order a new 4-way and hopefully this will solve problem. Do you think that this issue could have resulted in some water in the undercarriage?

The only way water would get into the underbelly is if some of the drains were not routed through the frame to the outside, which is pretty rare.

However, the problem may not be the 4-way valve. It could be the water pump. The guide I linked to earlier shows how to determine which part is at fault. If it is the 4-way valve, a new cartridge will likely fix it.

Right...we followed the guide and clearly the 4-way is bad as water is flowing into tank connection when valve is set to city. This for sure leads me to know that our fresh water tank was overflowing. I will replace the 4-way, which has been harder to turn, and we will go from there. I took this problem to a Camping World and they told me that those rubber hoses I showed you were related to the propane system, no kidding. This forum really helped me today, and my wife and 5 kids with me. We are on a three week trip through civil war battlefields and having an answer gives us some peace that it is likely nothing major.

danemayer

Until you get fixed, you can turn off the city water at the faucet and run your water system off the pump. When the tank is empty, turn on city water again. When the tank starts overflowing again, turn it off.

Is it okay to turn the pump switch on and leave it on? Or, only turn it on when we need water? May be a stupid question but we dont use it much.

danemayer

It's ok to leave the pump switch on as long as it stops running when you close the faucets. .

Turn the pump off if you leave the trailer.

szewczyk_john

As was stated it is OK to leave the pump on. However, as someone who boondocks often, we get in the habit of shutting it of when not needed, overnight and any time we are leaving the unit. If you have a leak develop while he pump is on, it will continue to pump all the water out of your supply tank to the leak. I have seen this happen twice and in one case the pump ran so long that it was damaged from running dry.

I know that it sounds like bs that the system that was operating flawlessly while you are at the camper will develop a leak while your away but I have seen it happen. The first time was the kitchen supply line of a Jayco Eagle and the second time was an outside shower unit on a Raptor that ended up flooding the entire underbelly storage unit. It was the Raptor that also had the pump go bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I know that it sounds like bs that the system that was operating flawlessly while you are at the camper will develop a leak while your away but I have seen it happen.

Can also happen at your S&B. Many years ago we came home to a leaking toilet supply line. When we leave our house for overnight or longer I turn off our well pump and HW heater

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ldo

Hi

I have a 2014 Cyclone. Noticed water coming out on left side of front steps. I disvovered 2 rubber hoses with no caps on them with water pouring out. I cannot figure out what they are and why they are behaving like this. Are they some kind of pressure relief? Also noticed that water had started to gather in undercarriage. Does anyone have any info for me?
I have just replaced my Andersen Valve, today, because when hooked to city water a bad O Ring allowed water into tank which would be coming out of the overflow valve in the morning .

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk