What did you do to your camper today?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Got some ideas of this forum for the basement storage to keep from stacking everything. Used PVC and it seemed to work out as planned.

We did this to organize our basement storage..
1343df3ee53ab9e84c2dc7476da6a59c.jpg

And I also hang items (water hoses, ext. cords,etc) and have a large 3 drawer cabinet for sewer fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Looks good! Can you move the wire racks easily, or are they secured permanently?

Permanent fixture. I knew what items I wanted secured so I engineered it to hold those specific items. It went into the basement as a unit and is fastened to the floor and to the ceiling.

porthole

Retired
Replaced two sets of aluminum quad steps that were almost inmovable with two new sets of "2-finger" steps.
Only took 3+ months to get it sorted out.

porthole

Retired
Did you have to send the broken ones back?

The first two sets of all steel radius steps that were shipped incorrectly were returned (UPS both ways at a cost of $93 for each set - $372 in shipping for someone's error).

I was advised yesterday to scrap the defective steps.

pegmikef

Finally got around to tiling the base of the bed as I have seen on the forum several times through the years. The large piece of plastic I was using finally became unusable. Whole project cost less than 15 bucks (at Lowe's) and took about an hour. All that is needed is a framing square and a razor knife. Sure makes it easy to slide the mattress around when making/changing the bed.

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 104
  • after.JPG
    after.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 113

VKTalley

Changed out our dining table and chairs for a better set (and the correct height). Replaced the manual theatre seating with a powered theatre seating. Will post pictures later from my computer. Hadn't figured out how to post pictures from my iPad. :confused:

pegmikef

Thanks Jim.

Regarding the weight. I don't have a washer/dryer installed so the little extra weight isn't a big deal. I did notice that the cheaper you go, the lighter the tiles are. These were only 34 cents each so they are really light (about the same as a couple of six packs of beer).

travelin2

Changed out our dining table and chairs for a better set (and the correct height). Replaced the manual theatre seating with a powered theatre seating. Will post pictures later from my computer. Hadn't figured out how to post pictures from my iPad. :confused:

Install the Tapatalk app on your iPad and phone. You can access/add/start any Forum threads and it has photo taking/uploading capability.
I seldom use my laptop to follow the forum these days.

porthole

Retired
Started the winterize project.
Blew all the lines out with a SCUBA tank regulated down to 40 PSI.
Drained and rinsed out the water heater, removed all the filter canisters under the sink, then did some other chores before filling a 5 gallon bucket of pink stuff to run through the lines and run the Splendide.
Couldn't get the water pump working :mad: to continue winterizing.

Pulled the basement wall out, checked the wiring, even smacked the pump a few times thinking it might have been stuck.

Then I remembered I had 40 psi of air in the lines - Doh............

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Not today . . . but yesterday . . .

Our Prowler is at the dealership getting warranty repairs done . . .

Was supposed to be finished last week, but it is not!

When I spoke to them last Thursday, they were going to button it up so I could pick it up today as we thought we might using it over the Turkey Day weekend . . . but we ended up not needing to use it.

They have it all ready for to pick up today until the rest of the parts come in, but yesterday we decided to just let them keep it there until it is done!

They said mid-December.

Our next scheduled outing is the Arizona HOC Rodeo Rally in Tucson next February, 2016!

travelin2

Replaced the 3 step folding steps that came with the BH with at 4 step set. Should make entry and exit easier for all including our 12 yr old Lab and 2 yr old granddaughter.
d54414a18fd1f10509db17eb4cc38255.jpg