What did you do to your camper today?

Hi all, new to the group. Just bought a new Sundance. Yesterday we bought recliners. The rig came with rockers and we are planning on some long trips. Recliners seem a much better than a rocker. Soon to take delivery on the new trailer. Looking forward to some great trips!

danemayer

Hi all, new to the group. Just bought a new Sundance. Yesterday we bought recliners. The rig came with rockers and we are planning on some long trips. Recliners seem a much better than a rocker. Soon to take delivery on the new trailer. Looking forward to some great trips!

Hi MRDisaster,

Congratulations on the new Sundance and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Look forward to hearing from you.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just finished construction & installation of a hide away sewing work table for my bride.
The leg/support has to be attached to the table, as the computer printer is located below the desk area.
Since we will be near our kids in Ohio for the summer, she must have her small sewing machine. Done, next!
8c6dce1e97cd4165afdc21191b771872.jpg
1973eb2a44d9335a6b718c9a890e1ec6.jpg

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Wow, that's great! Thanks for sharing!

Bones

Enjoy your new Sundance

Diamondjim

Erika - thanks. Did not mention that the table might well be used for other things, but my wife is a quilter and spends half her time at one of her machines. This table is 42" long and 22" wide. It will not interfere with MY Euro recliner, nor other use of the area. It can be pushed back under the desk half way without detaching the leg/support to lessen the intrusion on our living space.

I also built an end table for between the Euro recliners, will up load that shot later. Got the idea from a catalog, but it had to be 22" tall and 10" wide. Always a challenge designing & building your projects by the "seat of your pants" engineering method.

farside291

Moved the light switch from under the cabinet in the down stairs bathroom to the wall just inside the door. Best mod so far. No more reaching under the cabinet in the dark looking for the correct switch. Thanks to MCTalley for his advice on how to perform this modification. Spot on, only I was able to use fish tape to "fish" the wires up and down the walls.

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
rsz_switch_lights.jpg

I was tired of fumbling around in the dark for the light switch. So I put in a magnet switch and leds to illuminate the panel when I opened the door.

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had them laying around from another project. I think they come from Superbrightleds.com . There are three leds with adhesive on the back of them.

I have found if I leave the door open an night it makes a pretty good night light for the stairs

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Took the BH over to the local SOB RV dealer to have the bearings inspected and repacked. I figure we put 18K miles on the rig after last year's maintenance so they need checked.
Yes I do know how and have repacked other bearings but I really don't want to do them and at my age I don't have to!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Took the BH over to the local SOB RV dealer to have the bearings inspected and repacked. I figure we put 18K miles on the rig after last year's maintenance so they need checked.
Yes I do know how and have repacked other bearings but I really don't want to do them and at my age I don't have to!!

At my age (55), even if I should do them . . . I don't want to! :p

travelin2

Brought the BH back home today. It's ready to roll down to the Camp Out at Lancaster in 16 days or where ever if I decide to act on the hankering to go somewhere .

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I would like to dewinterize, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Going to be in the 20s over night this weekend. Probably won't get to do that until Lancaster.

travelin2

I would like to dewinterize, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Going to be in the 20s over night this weekend. Probably won't get to do that until Lancaster.

I've run the furnace set at 40 a couple of nights since we came back from Delaware. I figure a few gallons of LP is cheaper than 2-3 gallons of the pink stuff and my time to re-winterize.
They're forecasting 1-2 nights in the mid 20's here between now and Lancaster.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I've run the furnace set at 40 a couple of nights since we came back from Delaware. I figure a few gallons of LP is cheaper than 2-3 gallons of the pink stuff and my time to re-winterize.

They're forecasting 1-2 nights in the mid 20's here between now and Lancaster.

After getting back from the Tucson Rodeo Rally last month I didn't winterize with antifreeze (except in all of the drains and toilet), but I did blow out the water lines and the water heater with the air compressor.

Plus, I left the low point drains open for about the last 300 miles of the drive home.

We had two weeks of warm weather before last weeks snow storm so I think I am good to go!