What did you do to your camper today?

Bones

Well since my camping trip was cancelled I decided to do a couple of things. Redid caulking that stuff is sticky. Replaced shrunk plastic decorative trim on the rear of the camper, put in new step lights inside and made up my water filter bracket and lines.

0414161338.jpg 0414161435a.jpg

I'll go to storage now and see if I can get the surge protector installed today

dlw930

Installed the TST TPMS (after ruining an inside dual tire on my TV).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondjim

Well since my camping trip was cancelled I decided to do a couple of things. Redid caulking that stuff is sticky. Replaced shrunk plastic decorative trim on the rear of the camper, put in new step lights inside and made up my water filter bracket and lines.

View attachment 44353 View attachment 44354

I'll go to storage now and see if I can get the surge protector installed today
Cool water filter! How did you fasten that below your docking station? We're going to be parked in Ohio for 3 months this summer, my bride might really love that hook up!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Diamondjim

Installed the TST TPMS (after ruining an inside dual tire on my TV).

I feel your pain! I kinda lost confidence in the system I bought (don't ask me which one I have) after we came south last fall (1430 miles) parked the 5er in storage. ...got home and it was still giving me readings 1/4 mile from the rig? ???????

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not sure which system you have, but the TST will continue to show the last reading it took before you went out of range with the display still powered up. I also thought it strange that I was getting a "reading"
10 miles from where the rig was stored. Another owner enlightened me.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If it thanks same as mine you hold down the mode button & the - button at the same time for about 10 seconds and it will drop the trailer off the do the same when you hook back up

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bones

Cool water filter! How did you fasten that below your docking station? We're going to be parked in Ohio for 3 months this summer, my bride might really love that hook up!

I used a piece of aluminum angle screwed to the I-beam and then screwed the filter bracket to that angle. I made it so I can remove the whole filter for travel then put it back. The hose is a normal drinking hose I cut and put ends on it. I used the self tappers already in the frame to hold the gas line.

'Lil Guy'

Finally got my RV pad put in while awaiting our 20 X 41' cover. It should be here in another week. Not an inch of flat ground on our place. Took 3 loads of dirt and 2 1/2 loads of crushed limestone to get it done.

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 96

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I used a piece of aluminum angle screwed to the I-beam and then screwed the filter bracket to that angle. I made it so I can remove the whole filter for travel then put it back. The hose is a normal drinking hose I cut and put ends on it. I used the self tappers already in the frame to hold the gas line.

So do you need to lay under there and unscrew the bracket when tearing down?

Bones

So do you need to lay under there and unscrew the bracket when tearing down?
Well sort of. The bracket stay's there and there are two Phillips screws that I unscrew and off it comes. All you have to do is hook it on. I may change my mind and move it but I wanted somewhere easy. I don't have much room in the UDC.

travelin2

Well sort of. The bracket stay's there and there are two Phillips screws that I unscrew and off it comes. All you have to do is hook it on. I may change my mind and move it but I wanted somewhere easy. I don't have much room in the UDC.

Ok. I have to redo my hanger system. I used to hook my filter to the the sewage storage tube with a pvc hanger but my tube failed so it's not there anymore

Diamondjim

Ok. I have to redo my hanger system. I used to hook my filter to the the sewage storage tube with a pvc hanger but my tube failed so it's not there anymore
I've seen the big filters setting on a wooden box bracket near the water supply. I'll have to look into different set up.
Thanks for your comments.

travelin2

I've seen the big filters setting on a wooden box bracket near the water supply. I'll have to look into different set up.
Thanks for your comments.

Yeah. Not doing that. Something else to carry

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I cleaned out my black tank with several fills and dumps. Moved 30amp extension cord and spare water hose from cargo bay to pickup tool box, freeing up much needed space. Tried out new Dyson cordless vac. MUCH better than built in system. Still have a ton of odds and ends to work on.

pegmikef

Topped off the trailer batteries. Each cell took about a half a cup of water, but none were anywhere close to dry and each cell was well covered with water. I do this about three times a year and periodically spot check them.

farside291

I installed the dryer vent and Splendid dryer on top of the LG combo unit. Went fine with the hardest part was hooking the vent hose to the dryer. The short 2 foot one was too short. Bought a 8 footer and cut it in half. Much betterd. I have no idea how to rotate the picture, sorry. I will post back on how they ride.20160416_151550.jpg20160416_152653.jpg

weekender01

Today I made the generator area on my 2017 Torque a storage area since we do not have a generator. Now I can store some of the things that were in my pass through storage.

I also installed a Progressive Industries HW50C EMS with remote display. Had to take one of the pass through walls down, build a small stand for the unit (due to no room to mount it, and wire it up. Took me longer to build the stand than to wire the unit. Only issue was that 6 gauge wire is really, really stiff and difficult to work with.

Diamondjim

Decided coming back to a dark rig could be solved.
Lowe's had a dusk to dawn outside porch light on sale for $16.
So I wired into the switched awning outlet high on the side. Included a 13 watt CFM bulb that gives off plenty of light.
3330ddf93d7d93bc810902a37da368ef.jpg

I had the foresight to seal the lens silicone so it would NOT blow away. Back from 1200 mile HOC FL rally trip. It did better than one of my BLOWMAX tires. Maxxis set on order-thank you very much!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Repacked the wheel bearings, new seals, the $2 version, no cheaping out there, and installed new brake pads.
Good for another 5 years.

Peace
Dave

DougS

Doug S
Today I moved the switch for the exhaust fan in the bathroom for the vertically challenged in the family. My DW got tired of turning the fan on and off with the help of a can of hair spray. The switch was moved from the ceiling to the wall next to the bathroom door and set at the height of all the other switches.