What did you do to your camper today?

mlpeloquin

Well I got tired of minor leaks from the kitchen sink... It wouldn't be such a problem if I did not have to remove the doors to get at the connections to the faucets... A combination of my body size and having to reach way up behind the sink to get at the connections... Well it was about impossible... I had Garry Gilbert, my Arizona Chapter leader (now our Regional Director) help me one time and a few nights later it leaked again.. While back at the 2015 Goshen National Rally I asked Heartland to help out.. They replaced the faucet and again it leaked a couple nights down the road... I then decided to make it easier to fix the leak than to make a permanent fix.. I ordered two matching cabinet doors from Heartland (just like the ones on the other side of the sink island)... I mounted one door so far and I just may not mount the other door (for now anyway).. This door will allow me to get at the hand tightening PEX lines to the faucets... It also allows us to get items in the back of the cabinet.. It was nice to be able to order matching doors and hardware from Heartland...

I have a master plumber across the street. He showed me never to put the fitting together without plumbers pipe sealant. It seals and doesn't allow the joints/threads to back off. He uses it on everything and never goes back for a leak. I now do the same and I have yet to have a leak.

I finished adding the 12V LED lights in the cabinets. I added two breakers in the front bay. One 15A for my CPAP machine and routed it to a new 12V distribution box in the service bay. Then to a connector in the wall of the bedroom. Next added an LED strip light in the bathroom cabinet, and kitchen island cabinet. So now all closets, and service bays are well lit with LED strip lights with motion detectors. The other breaker is 20A routed directly to the UDC for the FloJet wast pump and my air compressor. This was done over the last four months or so. Nice to see things at night when they are opened up. Also nice to run the CPAP on 12V instead of 120V. Woke up three times trying to breath when the 120V at the park went out while traveling last year.

Dennyha

I added 1/2" ID tubing extensions onto the 4 overflow lines for my fresh water tank. Before, the overflows would run water into the underbelly and I'd have water dripping out for hours. Now, the overflows leak directly onto the ground with the tubing extensions extending below the underbelly. I don't understand how something so simple, and cheap, wasn't done right when it was built.

- - - Updated - - -

I had two rivets break on my quad fold down steps. I called Heartland, expecting to hear my steps were included in their recall. They advised that my steps were not included in the current recall, and that I should call Lippert directly. Lippert was very responsive, and agreed to ship me a new set of steps. The steps arrived yesterday, so I plan to do the swap today.

image.jpgimage.jpgJohn put a switch in the bathroom beside the light switches to operate the overhead fan. Eliminates having to turn the fan on at the fan itself. Then he pulled the carpet off the stairs and landing and put laminate on the stairs and the used the vinyl that was under the carpet as the flooring. What a huge clean up that is. The carpet was buckling all ready on our year old Big Country, and this just cleaned it up immensely!

Last edited:

oldelmer1

John put a switch in the bathroom beside the light switches to operate the overhead fan. Eliminates having to turn the fan on at the fan itself. Then he pulled the carpet off the stairs and landing and put laminate on the stairs and the used the vinyl that was under the carpet as the flooring. What a huge clean up that is. The carpet was buckling all ready on our year old Big Country, and this just cleaned it up immensely!

Great job, please post some pictures of how you did the steps, would love to remove our carpet there.

JanAndBill

Well let's see, spent 2 hrs. restringing the big blind on the side window. Followed up with an hour wiping down the slide seals, and all the exterior vinyl parts. Then spent 6 hrs in the ER, getting patched up after I fell off the ladder while doing the last part! Think I'll rest today!! :cool:

mlpeloquin

Well let's see, spent 2 hrs. restringing the big blind on the side window. Followed up with an hour wiping down the slide seals, and all the exterior vinyl parts. Then spent 6 hrs in the ER, getting patched up after I fell off the ladder while doing the last part! Think I'll rest today!! :cool:

There is a three point rule for ladders. Any three of two hands and feet at all times. I violated this once and endid up in the ER. I hit the brick devider between the soft ground cover and the pea stone. With broken ribs I got an ambulance ride. Never thought those heavy vehicles road like an empty flatbed semi. To make matters worse, they couldn't get the gerny to latch. The slammed that sucker five times before it did. I was ready to walk to the ER.

Rollin_Free

Put an external check valve on the output of the pump. Regardless if needed I want to protect the pump and internal check valve from accidental over pressure. I use regulators routinely however anything could happen. That's all for now but the day is young so I'll probably be at it again this afternoon. I need to change the pump so now that I've got all flexible hoses connected to the pump it should only take about an hour to complete the replacement.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Don't put the check valve on the output of the pump...... It will hold back the back pressure causing the pump to keep cycling every few seconds. Been there done that...
After I replaced the pump everything has been fine. With no check valve in the lines .

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JanAndBill

There is a three point rule for ladders. Any three of two hands and feet at all times. I violated this once and endid up in the ER. I hit the brick devider between the soft ground cover and the pea stone. With broken ribs I got an ambulance ride. Never thought those heavy vehicles road like an empty flatbed semi. To make matters worse, they couldn't get the gerny to latch. The slammed that sucker five times before it did. I was ready to walk to the ER.[/QUOTkE]

Actually I had four on the ladder at the time. When I saw it rolling to the side, with cat like reflexes (;)) I attempted to kick the ladder out of the way, and drop nimbly on my feet. Unfortunately it's been more than a few years since I've tried this maneuver, and I didn't quite kick it far enough. When I made my landing, my feet got tangled up in the ladder causing me to fall backwards, where the back of my head made contact with the bottom edge of the slide. Fortunately it was a glancing blow, but my skin isn't as tough as it used to be either so it opened up a nice little 4' gash on the back of my head. By the time the white lights quit circling in front of the eyes, I realized the warm stuff running down my neck wasn't sweat. No concussion, but took 12 staples to close the gap.

On the bright side, when they stretched the skin back over my head to staple it together, it seems to have removed a few wrinkles from the face. Now if it just stay that way!!! :cool:

Rollin_Free

Don't put the check valve on the output of the pump...... It will hold back the back pressure causing the pump to keep cycling every few seconds. Been there done that...
After I replaced the pump everything has been fine. With no check valve in the lines .

OK, This afternoon I removed the check valve off the pump output and redid several of my new connections that replaced the PEX with flexible hose. I was originally was going to replace my pump because it was surging and what I found was my connections weren't tight enough on the suction side so air was getting in the line. After I completed rechecking all my connections the pump pressurized and turned off. I don't have to replace my pump now but I'm keeping the one I bought for a spare. Thanks for the heads up regarding the check valve placement.

sjandbj

Very nice Job.
Are you putting a Invertor and transfer switch in also ?

Here is a link to more pictures.
Replacing Refer with residential unit (Out with the old, in with the new)
I installed a 1000 watt of solar panel and a 3000 watt inverter with 500 amp hour lithium batteries already. So there is no need to install a second invertor. At least at this point. I did some measurements on the refrigerator before installing it. It only draws 1.3 amps when the compressor is running and 2.84 amps was the max current draw over 3.5 hours. That is how long it took to get to temp in my garage. BTW the temp yesterday in the garage in Las Vegas was 105 degrees. So i think it is good now. If I need to I have room in the basement to add a small invertor if needed.

Last edited:

MCTalley

Removed our rear couch (our son has it at his house) and added two desks and two chairs. Now we both have a place to work, with a view. Desks from Amazon, chairs from OfficeMax. We're still looking at how all of it will ride when we travel. The chairs won't slide underneath the desks, leaving the legs sticking out too far to clear the slides when they come in. That's a solvable problem, though.

i-T8hjV4D-L.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I resprayed the frame with MouseFree yesterday, after wiping it down to get a couple of years accumulation off it. Looks good. And I replaced the two baggage door catches. The spring in the one on the DS broke and it just didn't hold securely without it. Since they came in a pack of two, I did the "garage" door catch, too.

Next project is replacing the two cargo doors that have swelled from water intrusion. And DISH is sending a tech to see if they can get me a signal before I cancel the subscription. Seems the trees have grown more around our site and I can't get a bead on a satellite up here. Good luck to them in getting it to work. Fortunately, our favorite shows are recording at home on the DVR, so if nothing else, we'll have a catch-up marathon when we go back.