What did you do to your camper today?

SNOKING

Well the washer/dryer closet is my cloths closet. Yesterday we pick up some hangers from Ace is the Place. Also installed my Epson WF 2750 wireless printer there a few days ago.

The one screw to the inside of the door is from the utility/broom hanger area. It has rubberized hooks, which should help things in place while traveling. Chris

mlpeloquin

Cleaned the RV and its roof. Put a roof treatment on and waxed one side and Rjex the front. Touched up the roof caulking. Tomorrow the passenger and back cap. Getting ready for Vegas, Jackson, and Temecula rallies. All that is left will be fixing the bulging carpet in the living room.

Jim_Hull

Caulked a couple of loose seams and did the inverter status light mod. I also changed my front baggage compartment lock core to match my entry door key.

danemayer

Replaced the stabilizer motor today. I've had the motor on hand for a while, and had other things to do today, so I opted to replace it. The old one probably just needs a new ball point pen spring, again, so I'll set it on the shelf in the workshop until things are less hectic.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Air flushed and winterized the plumbing system, including the washer. Installed a shut-off valve on the toilet water supply line. Removed and did troubleshooting on the Heng Vortex II fan controller. Appears to be one of the ceramic cement power resistors is defective. Got wild ohm readings when I manipulated it a little. The other two don't change. Found replacements (come in a pack of 2) on eBay for $5.00, should get them next week. And I sent a non-functioning TST 510 sensor back to TST today for them to fix or replace.

MikeR

Replaced the spring shackles, bushings and bolts, trying the "Never Fail" bushings this time. The last time I did this, on my SOB, I used the brass or bronze bushings with the wet bolts. I had a very difficult time getting grease into the bushings. Factory bushings just don't last very long. The holes in the shackles were elongated also. Repacked the wheel bearings also, while it was apart. Getting ready for a trip west this winter. Always nice to go home.

mlpeloquin

Replaced the spring shackles, bushings and bolts, trying the "Never Fail" bushings this time. The last time I did this, on my SOB, I used the brass or bronze bushings with the wet bolts. I had a very difficult time getting grease into the bushings. Factory bushings just don't last very long. The holes in the shackles were elongated also. Repacked the wheel bearings also, while it was apart. Getting ready for a trip west this winter. Always nice to go home.

After 10K miles keep an eye on the "Never Fail" bushings. My fifth wheel came with them. Purchased a heavy duty shackle and lube bolts in Goshen. When I removed the old bolts and pull the "Never Lube" bushings out, two were cracked in half and two were almost worn through on one side. Two bolts were partially eaten into by the old shackles.

rxbristol

Ebb and flow...I read a Heartland forum archive (2012) recently that praised the Never-Fail bushings over the wetbolts because the wetbolts were failing faster than the Never-Fails.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Nice JohnD . . . The heavy hitch issue is definitely a pain and frankly I'm getting too old to go in for hernia surgery.

At some point you should consider spray-in liner and the Andersen even though it's not a slider.

However if your next truck has an 8' bed there really won't be any reason not to switch. Hint, hint

One day I will get the spray in liner . . . too many other things to spend money on right now!

Next truck will most likely be a dually for sure.

Rollin_Free

Ebb and flow...I read a Heartland forum archive (2012) recently that praised the Never-Fail bushings over the wetbolts because the wetbolts were failing faster than the Never-Fails.

Could you provide a link or information that would allow me to read up on this topic? I've been thinking about wet bolt conversion for my Sundance.

MikeR

After 10K miles keep an eye on the "Never Fail" bushings. My fifth wheel came with them. Purchased a heavy duty shackle and lube bolts in Goshen. When I removed the old bolts and pull the "Never Lube" bushings out, two were cracked in half and two were almost worn through on one side. Two bolts were partially eaten into by the old shackles.

Since Heartland uses Dexter axles, I doubt that your original bushings were Never Fail, a Lippert product. The standard bushings on Dexter axles are a nylon material, either clear or a white material. The Never Fail are black. You're correct the OEM bushings don't last very long, the same with the shackles. I have 23,000 miles on my Big Country and feel very lucky to get that many miles out of them. I'll get back to you in about 20k miles and let you know if I have to make a claim with Lippert on the "lifetime warranty".

Jim_Hull

I added Firestone air bags with a Firestone onboard compressor to the new dually. It took me 8 hours and I am just about whipped. It was really more than a one man job without a lift. But, it is done now.

mlpeloquin

Stretched the living room carpet to remove the hump that formed. This required the moving of the couch. This is what I found hidden since it was assembled at the factory. Not disappointed about the odds and ends I have had to do with things that loosened etc.. But this was. You would think that it would have been addressed at the factory. But it was hidden after the couch was put in!

Found.jpg Removed.jpg

Repired
Fixed 1.jpg Fixed 2.jpg Fixed 3.jpg

Attachments

• Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 55

dlw930

Stretched the living room carpet to remove the hump that formed. This required the moving of the couch. This is what I found hidden since it was assembled at the factory. Not disappointed about the odds and ends I have had to do with things that loosened etc.. But this was. You would think that it would have been addressed at the factory. But it was hidden after the couch was put in!

View attachment 47925 View attachment 47926

Repired
View attachment 47928 View attachment 47929 View attachment 47930

If you happen to be going to the Vegas rally, I have some seam tape I got from Heartland that will match your wall covering. I'll be in Site 147.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

If you happen to be going to the Vegas rally, I have some seam tape I got from Heartland that will match your wall covering. I'll be in Site 147.

We are going to the Las Vegas rally, site 103, and thank you for the offer. I was lucky and was able to fill and repair the hole with the existing wall covering. Not one little seam shows.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Getting the Prowler ready for Vegas (site #125) . . .

We leave Denver Monday morning at 5:30 a.m. to beat the rush hour traffic.

Scrubbed the wheels and tires (finally got that shine stuff off that the dealer put on the tires - that stuff is nasty), and waxed the front of the trailer.

Didn't get any photos as it was getting dark when i got done with the wax job.

Gonna finish the wash job tomorrow, plus clean and vacuum the inside.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
JohnD:

Safe Travels....I will see you there! The girls and I are leaving 0 dark 30 Sunday and hope to be in by noon.
We are just down from you at site 112.
It has been raining every day and unable to get the Colo bugs off from the Mountaindale Rally....Maybe get it washed there.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well the drain for my vessel sink broke for the second time. These are very nice when clean but since most all of the weight of the glass rides on the thin bronze of the drain it is not very practical. So I had DW take a look at lowes and HD and she found some she liked but were on the high side of what I wanted to spend so after lunch today we went to the local lowes and found this vessel sink that the weight sits on the counter a little better and is fully supported. Fairly easy change out and had a small leak at first but forgot to grad the compression fitting from the package for the new drain and was having an issue with how they expected that union not to leak but grabbed package to read instructions and saw part that I missed. Here are a couple before and after pics...

877605bd5d7f0edcb1733c43f3ab27da.jpg

1268b521da3fe7240ea5bbde4f019aff.jpg

f280c9bfc62c5287608d0999a72adb23.jpg

029d3139e5f869991cfb99975e26b3f4.jpg

DW really wanted a square vessel but she says she is happy with this one.