What did you do to your camper today?

coram8

Our Gateway has the standard residential fridge. It came with stick-on rubber latches to keep the doors closed while traveling. Needless to say, those didn't stay on long. After trying to restick them with command strips and always having to put a case of water in front of the door to keep it closed, I finally got around to a better solution this week. Sliding cabinet door latch and screwed them to the fridge. Problem solved.

Attachments

• IMG_7054.jpg
    IMG_7054.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7056.jpg
    IMG_7056.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 122

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Today will be dewinterizing and cleaning up the Prowler to get ready for the NM HOC Rally that starts two weeks from today!

johnpsz

Our Gateway has the standard residential fridge. It came with stick-on rubber latches to keep the doors closed while traveling. Needless to say, those didn't stay on long. After trying to restick them with command strips and always having to put a case of water in front of the door to keep it closed, I finally got around to a better solution this week. Sliding cabinet door latch and screwed them to the fridge. Problem solved.
nice solution

Chippendale

In process of installing a MorRyde storage tray in my Landmark. Found that I had to use 2x4's to get it to clear the door lip. My question is, is the floor in a Landmark storage compartment wood or is it metal. My gut says wood, but when I took out the tie down brackets that were in the way of the tray, I found they were screwed down with self taping screws, but that may just be what came with the tie downs. I need 21/2 inch screws and self taping seem hard to find here, but I have a ton of 21/2 inch wood screws in the garage. Wood or metal? Thanks

'Lil Guy'

My gut feeling is the tie downs are screwed through floor into frame, hence the self tappers. But don't take my word for it. I can't think of anything under the storage bay you could hurt. Someone? Did you get any instructions? Maybe google install of item. Good luck and see you in Post.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I also mounted mine on 4 x 4's but I used threaded rod through everything with large fender washers under the floor.
I caution that you make sure your tray opens all the way. When they installed mine they didn't go high enough to clear a center brace under the tray.
My tray only went out about three fourths of the way till I raised it a bit more.

Peace
Dave

Chippendale

I also mounted mine on 4 x 4's but I used threaded rod through everything with large fender washers under the floor.
I caution that you make sure your tray opens all the way. When they installed mine they didn't go high enough to clear a center brace under the tray.
My tray only went out about three fourths of the way till I raised it a bit more.

Peace
Dave

Thanks, my tray goes out a long way one direction and only half of that the other way. I thought it was strange, but that maybe that was what it was supposed to do. I will check for that center brace before I start bolting/screwing it down.

Nuclearcowboy

Wow, great job! I'd like to see these come loose.

JohnD

Today will be dewinterizing and cleaning up the Prowler to get ready for the NM HOC Rally that starts two weeks from today!

During the dewinterizing and tank/sanitation process on Thursday and Friday, I also changed out the anode rod in the hot water heater.

Old & new:

AnodeRods-P4210652.jpg

Camping World wants $30 for one of these . . .

I bought this one at Big R for $11, and saw them in the automotive isle/RV section at the local Ace Hardware for $14.

atckid

During the dewinterizing and tank/sanitation process on Thursday and Friday, I also changed out the anode rod in the hot water heater.

Old & new:

View attachment 51220

Camping World wants $30 for one of these . . .

I bought this one at Big R for $11, and saw them in the automotive isle/RV section at the local Ace Hardware for $14.

Great info. It is amazing how prices can vary. Thanks for the info.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Flushed the antifreeze out of the plumbing (except the washing machine) with air then pumped 10 gallons of chlorinated water through using the water pump. Gave the frame another coating of MouseFree and "mapped" the wiring from the OEM trailer cord for replacing with a coiled one and a clear plastic junction box (that'll get done later). I also replaced the emergency brake cable with a coiled one and cleaned an empty bird's nest out of the pinbox. Tomorrow, I'll reinstall the TV's, give the rig a good vacuuming and move some totes of goods into it. Might get the junction box done, too.

Plan is to haul the rig to our site on May 1, weather permitting. Need to vacate the storage yard by the 5th or pay for another month.

MP_CS

Busy weekend, installed a king jack replacement antenna head, oxygenics fury shower head, 3" lift blocks and a set of jt strongarms. Waiting on my new wheels/tires to show up so i can finish the whole thing. Cant wait to try everything out. The sundance is finally going to ride level going down the road.

JohnD

Busy weekend, installed a king jack replacement antenna head, oxygenics fury shower head, 3" lift blocks and a set of jt strongarms. Waiting on my new wheels/tires to show up so i can finish the whole thing. Cant wait to try everything out. The sundance is finally going to ride level going down the road.

You are gonna love that King/Jack antenna . . . ours is so much better than the batwing!

We haven't used the shower yet since installing the Fury, but I ran it last week when I dewinterized and that thing blasts . . . even off of the water pump!

MP_CS

Hopefully gonna get a chance this weekend to dewinterize and try it out, i just reused old hose and mount, seemed sturdy enough for me. As for the king jack guess I'll have to wait to see intil our first trip as where we live theres no over air stations close enough to pick up out here in rural PA.

JohnD

As for the king jack guess I'll have to wait to see until our first trip as where we live theres no over air stations close enough to pick up out here in rural PA.

Give it a try, anyway.

With our King/Jack we get some OTA TV stations at some campgrounds up in the mountains where we never could pull in anything with our previous TT's that had a standard antenna or batwing.

I also picked up a TV signal meter at CW to help locate the stations:

TVsignalFinder.jpg

MP_CS

Give it a try, anyway.

With our King/Jack we get some OTA TV stations at some campgrounds up in the mountains where we never could pull in anything with our previous TT's that had a standard antenna or batwing.

I also picked up a TV signal meter at CW to help locate the stations:

View attachment 51245

I already tryed and nothing came in. The mountains around the town were i live form kinda a bowl and its tough to even pick up radio stations, then my house is at the foot of one and that makes it impossible to get any signals, i cant even get satellite for tv.��

johnpsz

We thought about getting that signal meter, but then realized it wouldn't be any faster than using a signal source app on my phone (I use "TV Antenna helper FREE") and point it in the direction the phone tells me to then fine tune with the TV as the meter would have to be mounted out by the TV anyhow not in the room with the rooftop antenna adjuster, lol...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Folks who fulltime, and even if you don't, check your dryer vents on your Combo or stackables.

Today I thought I smelled "burning dust" smell by the Splendide Combo, after running 1 load.

I do the typical cleaning steps, as recommended by Splendide, and had just down them prior to this load.

Since the smell concerned me, I pulled the vent pipe away from the external vent and discovered a layer of lint and cat hair, the entire 3' length of the rigid metal pipe. The pipe is relatively horizontal with no bends, so I was really surprised to see so much lint! This is after 1 year full-timing. I plan to check it much more often!!

59507716ef7554adce0ea361c6df5f52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk