What is this for???

RCF

In my "owner's manual and documents kit" that I got from my dealer with the new Bighorn, is a flexible 1/4" hex "bit" maybe 8-10" long? Like for using with a cordless drill, etc. Anyone know if this was included for a specific purpose? Is it for the hydraulic pump?

thanks!!!

DougS

Doug S
You got it. Access through hole in basement wall to pump. Pump might have tape over the fitting in shaft.

JeffG1947

In my "owner's manual and documents kit" that I got from my dealer with the new Bighorn, is a flexible 1/4" hex "bit" maybe 8-10" long? Like for using with a cordless drill, etc. Anyone know if this was included for a specific purpose? Is it for the hydraulic pump?

thanks!!!

If it's what I think, then it's the tool you need to retract/extend the electric cable bedroom slide with your drill and has nothing to do with the hydraulic pump. As I recall in the center of the slide above the bed there's a place to insert the tool. I'd have to check my PDI video for manual override of the hydraulic pump but I don't think there's a special attachment for it.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
You got it. Access through hole in basement wall to pump. Pump might have tape over the fitting in shaft.

I would agree , since I don't have the electric bedroom slide ,could be for both......Kenny

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That flex shaft is for the electric slide.
The motor is located under the night stand with drawers next to the bed.
To access it you need to take off the carpeted step under the drawers. You will need to feel around in the carpet nap for some screws. There may also be some staples holding it on.
I just had mine apart.

Peace
Dave

RCF

Thanks guys! We'll be taking out the BH Friday for the holiday weekend, so I'll check out both things - would be great if it worked for both!