Wheel chair accessable 5th wheeel

billd

I was wondering if Heartland has any plans for a wheel chair accessable 5th wheel. I have had some medical issues and it is getting harder to use my bighorn.

I have been looking around and mostly find accessable motorhomes.

Thanks

MTPockets

We met a couple who had their travel trailer modified with a wheel chair lift in place of the regular entry door. The door was widened and the platform folded up against the exterior for travel. Modification was done by a specialty lift company. Travel trailer inside floor was all same level - can't say if 5th wheel could be as easy to modify.

ILH

My wife and I have been looking for a solution to this issue for a couple of years. We retire within 5 years and we care for our son in a wheelchair. As an interim measure, we are using a Road Warrior toy hauler, taking his wheelchair in and out through the ramp at the back. Its not the best solution, but until RV manufacturers start accommodating wheelchairs, its all we can do.

billd

I have seen online the newmar canyon star 3911 motorhome. It comes with a wheelchair platform lift, roll in shower, sink in bathroom that a chair fits under, and other cool mods. My problem is the $188,000 base sticker price.

ILH

I have seen online the newmar canyon star 3911 motorhome. It comes with a wheelchair platform lift, roll in shower, sink in bathroom that a chair fits under, and other cool mods. My problem is the $188,000 base sticker price.

Very nice! Heartland are you reading this? Time to step up!