Wheel Torque & light

phoenix50

In my manual a torque # is listed and when I call Heartland or the local dealer they have another #. What is the true torque for my coach?
My other question is whether anyone has put a switch on the interior side of the front compartment for the overhead light. It is such a pain reaching in & up to push the switch @ the light.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
The Magic # is 65lbs . Also here is a link where other were talking about it //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/17034-2011-BH-Axle-Disaster?highlight=torque+wrench Hope this help's !! We are up to 22 rigs for the Ny rally and I have 3 sites within are area set aside for the group. We have no Landmark joining our group would love to have you join us !!

Northern Virginia
I agree that the placement of the light in the front compartment is awful. In fact, I used our Landmark for a season before I even knew it was there. I relocated the light to the side wall so that it was easy for me to turn it off and on. It was a 10 minute job.

John

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The lug nut torque for your Landmark with 16", eight lug wheels is 110 foot pounds.
I have been thinking about a light up front, but I just decided to stay out of there when it's dark. Much easier than installing a light.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi Artie,

I moved your thread to the Landmark area since that is what your profile shows.

If your asking about wheel lugnut torque it is as Dave has posted.

Jim M

Willym

I've seen this question asked many times on other forums and I usually reply with "read your manual". So I'm curious as to why you would not trust your manual and ask your dealer what torque should be used. Is your manual unclear or confusing?

My manual is quite clear and in my case, specifies 120 ft.lbs for my 2011 model. The 65 lb.ft. number mentioned in another post is I believe, the Lippert specified torque for the axle U bolts.
copy.png
trans.png

Bighurt

My manual is quite clear and in my case, specifies 120 ft.lbs for my 2011 model. The 65 lb.ft. number mentioned in another post is I believe, the Lippert specified torque for the axle U bolts.

The above is correct. During initial seating of the lugs you need to follow a torque sequence and an order. The 16" wheels are torqued as follows; 1st stage 20-25, 2nd stage 50-60, 3rd stage 90-120. From then after you can use the max torque to verify, however if it is discovered that one is really loose or one is removed. The entire set of lug nuts should be loosened and the sequence re accomplished.

The U bolts are torqued to 65 and the rest of the running gear has a specific value of 35.

All values given in foot pounds.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The lug nut torque for your Landmark with 16", eight lug wheels is 110 foot pounds.
I have been thinking about a light up front, but I just decided to stay out of there when it's dark. Much easier than installing a light.

Peace

Dave

I think you need to recheck. The torque on the G rated tires on the Landmark is 120 fps. I you need confirmation as Customer Service and consult your manual. (not trying to be ugly just want you to be safe as some have had lug nuts come loose when they have used 110 fps.)

Northern Virginia
I installed a couple of micro switches for two other compartment doors. That was a little more time consuming as I had to make brackets to hold the switch. The switches close anytime the the door is opened. No more fumbling to turn on a light in the dark. I though about just adding a switch to the existing light in the front compartment. But a the end of the day, it just seemed easier to relocate the light.

If I can find the camera I was post a couple of pics.

John

Northern Virginia
Here are a couple of pics. The first is the relocated front compartment light. It is on the side wall.front compartment light.JPG The second is a micro switch I added to the battery compartment door. battery door switch.jpg I also wired up a few LED lights to the storage cubbyholes.battery compartment lights.JPG I keep frequently retrieved tools in there and it makes it easy to see at night. The last is a switch I added to the basement door. basement door switch.JPG It is wired to the existing lights so they come on when the door is opened.

John

lwmcguir

Peace
Dave

One quick note, if you have the 9/16 studs that are on the 8K axles, then the torque is 150#, about the same as your trucks will be. Most of the trucks are at 150-160#. The 1/2 stock 7K axles are at 110# as Dave notes. I set my wrench at 150#. Less than that and mine tend to work loose on the 8K hubs/axles.