Whisper Quiet AC

Rodbuster

Hi,

I've heard many good reports about the new "whisper quiet AC" but just this past week I heard two different people say that they have had problems with it.
So, we are thinking of downsizing our Key Largo to a Grand Canyon or Bighorn and I thought I would ask my Heartland friends to comment on this AC system.

Thank you,
Dick

Westwind

Reading the info it appears that the Bedroom unit is not low profile and raises the trailer height to over 13', my faulty memory recalls 13' 2". Something to think about.
Coleman Mark 8 claims to have a low profile that is extremely quiet. I'd think about installing this one aftermarket in the ducted system.

jbeletti

...I'd think about installing this one aftermarket in the ducted system.

The Landmark is standard with the dual ducted AC system. You can't delete the bedroom unit from the order. I suppose it might be possible to replace it after purchase but it would be a bit of work to make it compatible, duct and thermostat wise.

Theresau

Our new 2014 BC has the same integrated ducting but ACs are not hidden. See other recent thread regarding the 2014 BH - their dual ACs are not integrated. Both ACs are full profile. But our bedroom AC is 13,500 and I believe the Landmark's is 15,000 BTU.

Hi,

I've heard many good reports about the new "whisper quiet AC" but just this past week I heard two different people say that they have had problems with it.
So, we are thinking of downsizing our Key Largo to a Grand Canyon or Bighorn and I thought I would ask my Heartland friends to comment on this AC system.

Thank you,
Dick

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Hi,

Thank you,
Dick

Dick,

We have a new 2014 Key Largo with the dual Heat Pumps, not sure if they are referred to as Whisper Quiet like the normal AC units are, but they are much quieter than the through the roof models. We have used ours in some pretty warm weather so far and it cools the coach very well. It can actually get too cool even during the hot days which never happend in our previous Bighorn which had two of the "older" style 15,000 BTU units.

Ricky