Who's travelling through Minnesota

Peteandsharon

On the way to the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport I passed a Bighorn going west on 494 just west of the mall of America. Anyone want to claim this one? Whereever you were going, I was jealous.

Pete

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay
Why are you answering your own :D ...
We are not in Minnesota. Trying to get out of Texas. However after the Heartland Rally in June we will be headed your way. We have never been in the states on the west coast of the Great Lakes. Should be there around the end of June or first part of July. Might get caught somewhere for the 4th of July. Don't have a reservation and haven't looked at any campgrounds yet..

Got any suggestions...

BC

Peteandsharon

Sorry, Minnesota is not "my way". I come here on business on a weekly basis but don't live here. I was going to the airport to return home to the Chicago area. We did come through here on the way to South Dakota a couple of times and stayed at the Flying Goose Campground off of I90 in Fairmont. Nice place to stay if you are passing through. Quiet and well maintained.

VixPix

TXBobcat,
The KOA in Woodbury is a very nice campground. We camped there in a tent and in their Kampin Kabins several years ago. It was very well maintained and the RV sites had good spacing between them. That's when I dreamed about getting a nice camper (especially after the thunderstorm got my wife's side of the sleeping bag soaked.) We're headed that way after the Rally in Goshen - headed to Montana & Wyoming!

Victor

VixPix

BC,

Try this address: http://kampsight.com/ I didn't find it through KOA's site either. I searched for 'campgrounds near Woodbury, MN' and this is the one we stayed at. I almost thought I'd have to admit that it was several years ago. So when you said you couldn't find it, I first suspected that urban growth finally reached the area and built over the place.

Victor

Mels Musty Music

I think this might be the one you are looking for -

www.stpauleastrvpark.com

I believe it uised to be a KOA but changed in recent years. Haven't been there but we have reservations for the Memorial Day Weekend. Hope to surprise my sister in North St. Paul on her 80th birthday.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks for the info.. I saw that earlier but didn't think it was the one you were referring to.

BC