Winegard satellite install in 2012 Landmark

Donhutch1800

I have a 2012 landmark San Antonio that I'm trying to install a wine gard traveler on.I found the control cable in closet but not sure where the other end is.The satellite cables are under rear speaker in bedroom.I don't want to drill hole in roof not knowing for sure where control cable is.Not sure why sat cables are in one spot and control cable is in another.seems that means two holes in roof.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Re: ATF: Landmark - winegard satellite install.

Control cable maybe in closet near OTA antenna/cable plate is. It is a small square plastic multi point female connector. That is the location of ours in our Key Largo.

Donhutch1800

Murry I know where that end of the cable is.I'm looking for other end of cable on roof.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired

Ok cant help with that one. Should off been with coiled up coax I understand..

Murry135/Capt. Wingnut

GlenStMary

I had the same problem with my 2013 Landmark. I toned out the cable but found it was almost under the fron AC. Not wanting to screw up the interior ceiling or dig a big hole in the roof, I installed my own cable from the roof down into the washer/dryer closet and am more than happy about the install. You can see the details and pictures here. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/43056-Landmark-Sat-Install-Questions?highlight= Good luck with the install

Donhutch1800

ok found control cable.got satelite mounted.now not sure where to put the splitter.was thinking about putting it in the ceiling above the speaker.has anyone done this?

jbeletti

ok found control cable.got satelite mounted.now not sure where to put the splitter.was thinking about putting it in the ceiling above the speaker.has anyone done this?

Since the rooftop satellite coax goes to the UDC, I suggest you put the satellite splitter behind the UDC in the utility area. I usually identify, then remove the LR an BR satellite coaxes from the back of the wall plates of the UDC and move them over to the satellite splitter. Note that the dish LNB requires DC power and that is sent up the coax from a power supply. I usually mount that power supply behind the UDC in the utility area.

DocFather

Since the rooftop satellite coax goes to the UDC, I suggest you put the satellite splitter behind the UDC in the utility area. I usually identify, then remove the LR an BR satellite coaxes from the back of the wall plates of the UDC and move them over to the satellite splitter. Note that the dish LNB requires DC power and that is sent up the coax from a power supply. I usually mount that power supply behind the UDC in the utility area.

The Dealer installed mine. Like you, Jim, my splitter and power supply ended up behind the UDC area but they put the controller box and it's power supply in an over-head cabinet in the garage. Works great. I keep the Genie in the bedroom and mini boxes in the Living area, garage and outside storage.

jbeletti

Thanks Jim.I would have not thought of that.Thats where I'm going to put it.

Always happy to relay my own experiences. I have found though that there are a lot of members here that are a lot smarter than me :)

But hey, it's all good. We're all here sharing what we know. That's what this place is all about.

jbeletti

The Dealer installed mine. Like you, Jim, my splitter and power supply ended up behind the UDC area but they put the controller box and it's power supply in an over-head cabinet in the garage. Works great. I keep the Genie in the bedroom and mini boxes in the Living area, garage and outside storage.

Right. This guy has a LM and found the satellite prewire that included the control cable - so always nice to just install the controller at the other end of the cable in the RV. Pretty sure we do not put that Winegard control cable in the CY. Glad you got yours installed and working nicely.

SeattleLion

I put the splitter on the roof and the power supply (SWM) in the LR. The Trav'ler comes with a roof plate to cover the hole where the wires come out on the roof.

Donhutch1800

Jim I got my winegard travler all finished.Hooked all cables up as per winegard instructions but don't seem to have any signal.I know dish was locked in on all satelites as per control box.ITs a directv dish.Im thinking its in the receiver not being set up right.Had directv on phone with set up of receiver.Any ideas?

SeattleLion

Jim I got my winegard travler all finished.Hooked all cables up as per winegard instructions but don't seem to have any signal.I know dish was locked in on all satelites as per control box.ITs a directv dish.Im thinking its in the receiver not being set up right.Had directv on phone with set up of receiver.Any ideas?

Go to Menu /Settings / Satellite. Select sat setup. If it lets you select SWM 3, then let it do its thing. If that doesn't work check the signal meter for sat 101. You may not be getting all the transponders.

jbeletti

Don,

Do as Bob has suggested, to ensure your satellite type is set in the receiver. If that's not it, run a coax jumper from your sat splitter, directly to a sat receiver. If that works, then you either have some poor fittings on the Heartland installed coax or are connecting to the wrong cables.

Hi,
I have a 2012 Landmark Key Largo with a Winegard Mission dome dish. Cannot get it to point to proper satellite. What is this control cable for in the closet?

danemayer

Hi,
I have a 2012 Landmark Key Largo with a Winegard Mission dome dish. Cannot get it to point to proper satellite. What is this control cable for in the closet?
I believe the control cable is part of the pre-wiring for a Winegard Traveler Satellite Dish.

jbeletti

thirdrock,

Dan is right on the control cable. It's for the Trav'ler dish.

On your Dome dish, I suggest you drop a cable from the dish directly to the receiver to ensure the dish is working correctly.

Once you know the dish and receiver are working perfectly and obtaining a good signal and picture, reconnect it to the coach and start trouble shooting the coax runs to ensure you're on the right cable.

Here's a link to a manual for your dish. The first page also has a number to Winegard tech support.