Winegard Trav'ler

RAT

Going to install Trav'ler on my gateway 3650fbh. Was told that the trailer was pre wired for roof satellite. I called heartland and they said that my model is not pre wired. So my question is, where do I run the 2 coax cables and the power chord cable. Without causing damage to my roof. I could plug one coax into the satellite prep outside but I need 2 to run my DVR. I can temp everything through a window but would like to make it look professional and hidden. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ron-Cookie

I use Dish Network and but opted to buy a Tailgater so I did not have to punch holes in the roof... I use a VIP 211z tuner and attached a portable hard drive for a DVR for a one time charge of $40...It now costs me $7 a month to have Satellite on the road... Good luck whatever u chose...

Majestic

We had the Trav'ler installed at the dealer for $500.00. We were also told the unit was prewired. The unit mounting and power were the only thing run. The dealer pulled the wires down the vent into the belly then to the tv locations. The trav'ler requires 2 wires per TV location not one as others require. Be sure to do your research. We were surprised but the requirements

jbeletti

Gary,

Wonder if you have an older non-SWM satellite dish? My older non-SWM units required 2 wires for the dual tuner DVR and 1 for each other non-DVR receiver.

Now with a newer Winegard Trav'ler that uses SWM technology, 1 wire down from the dish to the power supply then to a splitter. One wire from the splitter to each receiver.

Majestic

I'm not sure Jim, the dealer installed it last month, they had to order it so i would hope that it was new technology. That might explain why they had to pull new cables. I will be asking the questions with this info. Thanks for the heads up.

Life is always a huge learning curve, especially when it's outside your expertise.