Wiring nuts

southernlady5464

And yes, I know it’s electrical but none of the sub forums fit this.

We have kittens who discovered two wiring nuts in the bedroom of our Landmark Charleston but no clue where they belong and nothing obvious in the closet, bathroom, etc is showing open wires.

Could they possibly be left over from build but one would think that in the 8 months we have owned it, we would have found them before now.

No under lights on cabinets. Only accent lighting built into the edges of the corian counters.

Liz

mlpeloquin

In my Big Horn I found that the 12V wiring for the lights use wire nuts. They could be a couple that were dropped during construction. All 12V wiring with the wire nuts are behind the light fixtures. I also found several self drilling and tapping screws over time. The 125VAC wiring uses insulation displacement type connections behind the wall sockets. The only wire nuts I have found used on 125VAC are in the electrical junction boxes under the slides. Which reminds me to tell you to check them to make sure that they are tight. Use 3M electrical tape only to secure so they will not come loose over time. 3M tape is the best. All others seem to loose their stick over time.

southernlady5464

LBR, I saw that (my husband posted over there). Thanks. We weren’t worried about the kittens and used wiring nuts, we were a bit more worried about they may have found them. We keep wiring nuts in our toolbox so if we had needed to replace them, we could.

jnbhobe

I would look under the bed, Pull the mattress, the base at the hinge, then the floor of the under bed storage. There are electric connections under there.