Wiring Support

Flyerone

The Quick Draw Products wiring support broke right in the middle on my kitchen slide. I have heard of people using a door hinge or drilling 3 holes and using tie wraps, has anybody tried this? If I decide to replace the support how do you get the propane and electrical thru the supports on the new one, do you have to disconnect everything?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The one on the desk slide broke in the middle a few years back. I spliced a piece of old inner tube in the break with aluminum pop rivets and it worked fine until HL replaced it at the 2013 Rally and it broke again. Haven't repaired it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
A hinge and flat washers,machine screws and nyloc's. Riivets are OK...but...how do you hold the bracket if you ever have to remove them with a drill.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A hinge and flat washers,machine screws and nyloc's. Riivets are OK...but...how do you hold the bracket if you ever have to remove them with a drill.

I guess if it came to that, I'd grab it close to the rivet with one of my Irwin Quick-Clamps and drill it out.

wdk450

I don't know if you want the exact same part again, but Heartland service should give you a new one if you call them about this problem.

Here is a link to the Lippert product: http://store.lci1.com/flex-guard-kits

Tom: If you REALLY don't want to disconnect and reconnect cables you could maybe remove the metal guides with the cables/hoses inside and move the guides to the new flex unit. If that doesn't work, you could hacksaw (sabresaw?) a notch in the top of the wire support metal brackets wide enough to get the cables/hoses out, cut similar notches in the top of the new metal hose supports, and then bridge this notch with some bolted-in metal, and go over the bridge with tape to prevent chafing of the cables/hoses.

Good luck!!!

Flyerone

I think I am going to try the hinge method, is stainless steel screws a good idea in a rainy climate? I'm afraid if I order the same part, it will just break again.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just zip-tied the wiring/hoses to the new flex guard. I think over time we've replaced all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
SS bolts, washers and nuts are the best to use. I would however use nyloc nuts. Had regular machine nuts come loose and off. I even tried double nutting them..still came loose. I had the same one break at the frame. It also got a hinge. I did drill some holes in the bracket/strap to install zip-ties.

GOTTOYS

Mine broke off at the end where it was attached to the frame on the slide out. I just trimmed it up square with a tin snips and drilled it and attached a hinge salvaged from my old front house door. I bolted it on using some 1/4 inch bolts, fender washers and nyloc nuts. Then I attached it the frame of the slide with some big self tappers. Works great....Don