Yellowstone 2018 after Laborday

dmreece

We are planning a trip to Yellowstone this summer and are looking at being in the park right after Labor Day to avoid the crowds. How much of the facilities of the park will be inactive after Labor Day? I'm sure they use college students for a significant labor force in the summer and they will have gone back to school after Labor Day. Concerned enough things in the park will be closed after Labor Day to warrant braving the crowds of summer. Has anyone been in the park right after labor day and can give advice?

Thanks,
David Reece
Arlington, Texas
2013 Heartland Bighorn 3010RE
2014 Ford F250

jimtoo

Hi David,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Oldelevatorman

We've been there the last two years before and right after the Holiday. Nothing has been closed but the weather starts to get cold about that time too. We stayed at Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone and they close the first of October. One of the workkampers said once they close and it's empty the Bears start coming around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donhutch1800

We've been there the last two years before and right after the Holiday. Nothing has been closed but the weather starts to get cold about that time too. We stayed at Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone and they close the first of October. One of the workkampers said once they close and it's empty the Bears start coming around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have also been there right after Labor Day and everything was open.Weather was chili at night but perfect during the day.We stayed a grizzly rv park also.Its by far the best park in the area.