your opinion please

Capt7383

I am looking at a used curt 16125 fifth wheel hitch 20k. Price is 300 dollars bed rails included. This is our first fiver and obviously our first hitch. Truck is a gmc 3500 dual. Fiver is a big country 3070re gross is 12000 pin is 2115. I think i'm ok with weights and capacities. I'm more interested in the opinion of a used hitch and the price. I dont know what to look for in a used hitch.
Many thanks

priorguy

What does that hitch sell for new? Check etrailer, Amazon, eBay etc. a good rule of thumb is usually 50% of the new price depending on condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt7383

Thanks for the replies. Based on new prices I kinda thought it was a good deal.I just wasn't sure if buying used was a good idea. I'm thinking I'll cal etrailer for the custom frame brackets for it.
Thanks Again

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sounds like a good price. However, I would take someone with you to look at the hitch that knows what to look for. If you buy it...you own it. RV dealers will never sell a used hitch because of libility issues.

ncc1701e

I am looking at a used curt 16125 fifth wheel hitch 20k. Price is 300 dollars bed rails included. This is our first fiver and obviously our first hitch. Truck is a gmc 3500 dual. Fiver is a big country 3070re gross is 12000 pin is 2115. I think i'm ok with weights and capacities. I'm more interested in the opinion of a used hitch and the price. I dont know what to look for in a used hitch.
Many thanks

2011 F250 Lariat 4x4 Bed Cover Rolled.JPGI've had this Curt 20K in two trucks now and have always been very pleased with the hitch. Hitch was about two years old and one of the small rubber grommets that support the locking pins came up missing. Called Curt about new grommets. The send me new pins, grommets, and lock pins FREE. They did not ask any questions just said it should have not ever worked out.

Tom