fuel transfer tanks

Bobby A

Anyone know where I can get an affordable transfer tank that will fit in the bed in front of my 5th wheel hitch. I'm only looking to add about 20 gallons. I don't need anything fancy.
Thanks,
Bobby A

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I have an RDS Fuel and Tool w/ 60 gal capacity. RDS also makes a adapter that makes it pretty simple to install it in your truck. The best price I found was at northern tool (really) but the shipping is whats bad.

bdb2047

Check Craigslist.I just got a fuel tool combo from a dealer that was closing.There where a lot of them on the site.

trvlrerik

60 gallon tank/tool box combo. I got it from Northern tool. In my opinion it is the best modification I have ever done, taking the fuel stop worries out of travel days.

jimtoo

If you have a Tractor Supply in your area check them out. Usually have good prices and in stock. Northern Tool is good also.

Jim M

Vtxkid

If you are only wanting to increase your fuel tank size by 20 gallons then you might consider looking into replacing the primary fuel tank with a larger one... easy change out!

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I installed the Transfer Flow 50 gal. with TraxII system and had the pleasure of using it when we went to the Georgia Good Sam Rally in Perry this weekend. We traveled over 475 miles round trip and it was great not having to stop and fill up. We looked at the RDS system but decided to go with the TF. It is I believe the only one that is street legal and has completed all of the paperwork and testing. Shipping $200, install $300.00. Yes it was expensive but worth it IMHO. Good luck on your decision.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I replaced the OEM 34 gallon tank with a mid-ship 56 gallon one from TransferFlow. Not inexpensive by any means, but it holds more fuel than I'll burn in a day of travel. I got it through a local authorized installer.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was talking to a neighbor tonight and he said that everyone that he knew that had a fuel tank in the bed of a truck leaked. Has anyone ever had issues with there tanks leaking?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Yep, we had a welded seam break not once but twice this summer. Found friendly welders and got it fixed both times with minimal
losses of fuel. I still haven't figured out why the welds broke but its fixed now.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
No leaks yet but we have only had it for a month. Did see pics of a truck with Transfer Flow in-bed that did a rollover and it still held the fuel without leaking. Don't want to find out that way.

khalsey

I've had my aluminum 50 gallon tank with toolbox on top for 20 years and it hasn't leaked yet.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I can't beat Keiths 20 years, but mine has been in for three uneventful years. I expect it to stay that way.

Peace
Dave