2007 3795 help

DeeDub

My Wife and I just purchased a used 2007 Heartland Cyclone 3795. We got an awesome deal on it. We bought it from a guy that had hardly ever used it. We recently made a trip to our local sand dunes and experienced some problems. Here they are, Pictures to follow. Im having problems sending pictures to my pc via droid.

1- heater, Is it possible that we dont have a propane furnace? I cant seem to figure out how to start it. We have an house side exhaust vent that says suburban which leeds me to believe we have a suburban furnace. Theres a thermostat in the garage and in the entry way to the bed room. Im pretty sure the one leading into the bed room is for the ac/heater on the top of the rv. Ive played with the thermostat in the garage and had no success. My wife seems to think we dont have a furnace. However we have all the floor ducts.

2- Propane doors, on the the outside dont want to close very easy. I have to bet them with a rubber mallet to close them. Theres like a 1/4inc over hang in the door from the jam. Is this just a Default in the design?

3- Central Vac, we have a Eureka Yellow Jacket central vac. The connection for the vac near the entry door into the coach only turns on when you partially open. The hose that came with it doesn't fit into the receiver opening. Is there a special part that im missing?

We are still pretty happy with our recent purchase we would just like some help. Thanks

Dw

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure that you have a furnace. The thermostat in the garage is most likely for a Fantastic Vent fan. You may also have one in the kitchen.
Be certain that your LP is turned on and that the tanks have LP in them. Light the burners on the stove to purge any air that might be in the system.
Check the fuses for the furnace.
Propane doors??, need some pics for that.
The hose for your central vac should have a metal ring on the end that plugs into receiver. If you open the little door you should see two metal contacts. It is low voltage, so you can jumper it to see if the vac is functioning. If not, remove that receptacle and check the wires on it as well as at the vac itself.
Maybe you could contact the past owner for an explanation of some of your issues.
Good luck with it. Maybe someone else will have some other ideas.

Peace
Dave

TwoGypsies

Congratulations on your new rig,

Ours is a 2011 3812, but it sounds a lot like yours. Our bedroom entryway thermostat controls either the main a/c or the furnace. There is a small switch to set for either heating or cooling. In addition to the checks that Cookie suggests, you should take a really close look at the thermostat and see if yours is the same. (I recall being completely overwhelmed when we first got ours, with plenty of 'forehead slapping' moments.)
We have the same central vac, and at times the connection has been a bit fussy. Lately it's been reliable, so maybe there is/was some dirt on the contacts.
Again, congrats! I'm sure you'll have some great adventures.

porthole

Retired
1- heater, Is it possible that we dont have a propane furnace? I cant seem to figure out how to start it. We have an house side exhaust vent that says suburban which leeds me to believe we have a suburban furnace. Theres a thermostat in the garage and in the entry way to the bed room. Im pretty sure the one leading into the bed room is for the ac/heater on the top of the rv. Ive played with the thermostat in the garage and had no success. My wife seems to think we dont have a furnace. However we have all the floor ducts.

As Dave said, thermostat in the garage is the fantastic fan.
The thermostat by the stairs should be "switchable" between AC and heat, and it doesn't always start the second you turn it on.
If you actually have heat in your AC unit the thermostat may also have a setting for "heat pump" or "heat strip".

3- Central Vac, we have a Eureka Yellow Jacket central vac. The connection for the vac near the entry door into the coach only turns on when you partially open. The hose that came with it doesn't fit into the receiver opening. Is there a special part that im missing?

With the Yellow Jacket - if you push-slide the cover straight up it will open about an inch so and turn on the vacuum so you can "sweep" debris into the opening.
When the lid is closed you can grab the outside of the cover at the lower edge and pull out and up.This will allow you to plug in the hose. The metal rings on the hose will then turn on the vacuum.

DeeDub

2012-01-29_16-05-18_255-1.jpg
2012-01-29_16-04-48_628.jpg
2012-01-29_15-54-59_597.jpg
2012-01-29_14-07-49_212-1.jpg

The first picture is of how much of a gap i have on my propane door with the top latch closed. The bottom latch wont latch without a hit or two with a rubber mallet. The next pictures of my heating system. To turn on the propane heater would I used strip or pump? I've tried both but only get the roof heater to work ( sucks, inorder to heat to heat my coach i need full hook ups or run the generator. hope this makes sense.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You should have an analog thermostat on the wall somewhere in your living compartment (they are often locasted near the steps leading the the upper bedroom). It may have a small switch that can be moved from cool (AC) to heat (Furnace) to fan to off. A second sliding switch would be for the temperature setting. OR, the previous owner may have converted to a digital switch. Even then, should have the same basic functions. If you have a Fantasic Fan in the living area, there will also be an analog switch for that. It is easy to tell it from the furnace/AC switch. If thge funace switch is set to heat (furnace) and the temperature is set to higher than the current temp inside the coach, and you have propane, and the propane tank(s) are turned on (make sure the propane swithover selector is set to one of the tanks), the furnace should come within a couple of minutes of turning it on.

The heater switch on the panel in your last picture is for the Hot Water Heater to run on propane.

TwoGypsies

Looks like your propane door is sprung. Maybe the hinge can be repaired or replaced. Hopefully the attachment points are solid.

You're getting heat out of your ceiling unit, but that doesn't mean you don't have a propane furnace. If you walk all around the unit you should see another vent somewhat like the hot water vent in your picture. I'll be surprised if you don't have one, since you've got floor vents. Then the question is "where's the thermostat?" Perhaps whatever you did to get heat from your ceiling unit should have kicked the furnace on, but there's something not working? You ask about 'strip' or 'pump'. In the controls in your picture, the 'pump' switch is for your fresh water pump and the 'heater' is for propane to the water heater; nothing to do with furnace control.
It would be good if you had an experienced person who could go through the unit with you in person. This is interesting on the forum, but probably not too effective.