2007 East Coast Heartland Owners Rally

tdharley

Booked it. Site 70.

Come on people she says only 6 sites have been taken.

She also says they have some 2 bedroom cottages for 100.00 & 125. 00 per night if you just wanna drive for a quick get away.

Next morning:
I was thinking after I booked the site about something she said to me while booking.. they were north of North Myrtle beach. They are actually not in Myrtle Beach , they are in Longs & about 40 minutes away from Myrtle Beach. I had assumed, DUH, that they were in MB and one of the many campgrounds right on the ocean. My bad.

Might have to rethink staying there and just come for a visit. We usually stay at Lakewood or Ocean lakes, they are both on the ocean & right in the middle of Myrtle Beach. Easier to get around and closer to South MB were all the action is.

Last edited:

Gary F

TDHARLEY,

You need to camp at least one time at Willow tree. The place is beautiful and really not that far from N. Myrtle. This place has a lake that has a walking path around it and the camp sites are huge.

I felt the same as you - however last year, the first rally was our first time at Willow tree and we’ve gone back three times this year instead of heading to Pirateland and Ocean Lakes.

Hope you reconsider.

bargetis2

Getisonwheels
Regi and I will be making reservations in the morning. This will be our first stop as we retire and leave Florida behind to become fulltimers as we head west. We have a Landmark and plan to go to Quartzsite and then to Life On Wheels in Arizona in February.

See you'all at Willow Tree in October. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Barry and Regi Getis
Palm Harbor, Florida

K

Ken Washington

tdhearley,
Go to the rally and then move to Ocean Lakes! You will have the best of both worlds! By the way, the bypass is within five minutes of Willow Tree. I just wish we could come but we already have plans.

Ken

Deb

Deb
Hi Everyone,

The Rally reservations are fast filling up. So far we have 10 rigs registered, and one cabin for Jim. I want to be able to give out sheets with names and hometowns, and forum ID names so we can easily put faces and names together. I would appreciate the ones that have registered to either send me an email -- DWSmith108@aol.com or to post them here. Last year we had a handout sheet with the following info on all attendees.

Example:
Allan & Deb Smith
Wilmington, NC
BigHorn 3055
Forum ID name: Deb

I found out that we have more registered with Willowtree than we have postings on the rally forum of announced registrations. Should I post all the names on the forum that are registered as coming? I only have last names.

Deb

tdharley

Tom & Joyce Dovale
Manorville NY

Will be bringing 2 friends
Jim & Sue

Will be heading out to the motorcycle rally to do some riding & good Calabash seafood eating.

If anyone is interested you can rent Harley's in Myrtle Beach.

slaytop

We completed our reservation for the East Coast Rally. We will be in site #44 arriving on Thursday, 10/4 and leaving Tuesday, 10/09. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.
Larry & Marilyn

L'l John

John & Elsie Norris
Athens, TN
'07 Bighorn 3400
Forum name: L'l John

We made reservations at Willow Tree today. We will be in site #78.
Plan to arrive on the 4th, stay thru 7th. Then down to Charleston to see the old town.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Deb

Deb
Hi Everyone,

I have some good news, some bad news, and more good news.

The first good news: We have 12 registered rigs and one cabin for Jim for the rally. That is already double what we had last year. We only had 6 rigs. So we are growing - that is a very good thing.

The bad news: Allan & I won't be able to attend this year. We have a major conflict in our schedule and had to bow out.

Now the other good news: Davebennington will now be the new wagon master. He was our wagon master last year and did a teriffic job. So with a years experience - I know this years rally will be even better.

So everyone have a great time and post lots of stories about the wonderful weekend that I know you will have.

Deb

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Deb, sorry you had to bow out, but we understand that things do happen. Just set your sites on next year. We know that Dave will do a great job but we will miss you. Terry and Renee

davebennington

Deb,

Terry is right there is always next year. Jim Beletti and myself will try our best to make it a rally to remember. Jim has alot of good ideas and has come forth with a few for the East Coast Rally.

Dave

davebennington

Hi All,

If you have made your reservation at Willow Tree Resort or plan to attend the East Coast Rally please contact me with some information.

1. The name you use on the forum.

2. Names of the people that will be in attendance.

3 Jim is trying to accquire Heartland tee shirts so I will need sizes for those who are going to be there.

My email is: dyocum881@yahoo.com.

We are working on an agenda and hope to have it ready within 2 to 3 weeks. If there is something special you would like to see or do let us know.

Dave

davebennington

Rally sign up time

If anyone is planning to attend the 2007 East Coast Rally you must make your reservation at Willow Tree Resort before August 31,2007, If you want to be sited with the Heartland group. They will release the remaining sites back into the general inventory after this date.

Thanks

dave

BJ'sDad

I'm seriously considering the Rally instead of going to Daytona that week, save me some money on fuel since MB is quite a bit shorter trip.

I do think my "little Sundance" will be lost on those huge sites though.....LOL

One question to those who've been there before, do they have cable TV hookups now? I notice on the site map they tell of satellite reception but they make no mention of cable hookups on their website or on RVParkReviews.
I guess once I replace the DVD player with a better one I can just watch a few movies in the evenings instead of cable.

vangoes

We are considering attending this year...............how many units have made reservations thus far?

davebennington

Vangoes,

As of today we have 11 units and 1 in a cottage (Jim). I hope you can make it, however to be sited with the rest of the rally group you have to register with Willow Tree Resort by August 31.

If you deceide to attend let me know I will need some additional information.

thanks,

Dave

vangoes

Dave,
We have decided that we will be attending the ralley so please send me any info you have. It will be my wife, me and our four legged buddy named buddy.

BJ'sDad

Well, I'm in. I'll be checking in on the 4th and out on the 9th. Figured if I was gonna make the drive, I might as well enjoy it a couple extra days.

I'll be on site 84 with my "little" Sundance.

davebennington

Well we now have added 2 more attendees to the rally and it is shaping up to be a good one.

We do have a need for a couple of grills if you have a grill and don't mind bringing it along please do so. The campground has a great kitchen that is available to us but for the full effect of "camping" we would like to do grilling outside.

Also if you have a few pieces of wood for a campfire bring them along.

Please let me know so we can firm up our plans

dave

BJ'sDad

I'll have my Weber Q with me, I never leave home without it...LOL

And I can probably bring at least a small bundle of wood, my neighbor will be happy to get a little off her pile since she no longer uses her fireplace and her pile grows constantly since her trees seem to keep falling down.