2007 Fall Houston, Texas Rally - planned (Oct. 19-21 - details here)

jbeletti

Hey Jay,

Looks like you'll have one more Heartland product owner to put up with. :D

Heartland is sending me to Houston to represent the brand! Whoohoo!

I can't get time off to drive down with the trailer so I've booked a cabin on-site.

Looking forward to meeting you, meeting a bunch of other new folks (new to me) and seeing some old friends.

Not sure yet if Heartland will be able to send down a factory rep. but we'll have fun regardless.

This one is getting big - wow! Looks like at least 13 rigs. I'll bet you hit all 20 before you're done. That would be nearly as large as our first International rally (25 rigs).

See you in October.

Jim

jayc

Legendary Member
Jim,
That's great news! I'm looking forward to meeting you in October.

I'm on vacation with my Texas Boomers group at Rayford Crossing this week, so please forgive me if you've sent me an email. I'm not able to check email from here.

The park is going to do a waffle and sausage breakfast ($2.00 /person) for Saturday morning. We will have the use of the rally hall all weekend, so we will have someplace inside to hang out or we can sit outside. I am planning to reserve one of the "deluxe" sites with a canopied table and gas grill furnished, so we can do something on the grill, or go out somewhere to eat?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jay, Lin & I are ready to confirm and reserve a site for the rally. Question 1. Is the $23 fee over and above the campsite rate? Question 2, Do we send you the $23? Question 3, Should I call and reserve to Rayford? I see you have our names on a list you sent to them, I just want to be sure to have all my ducks lined up. THANKS

jayc

Legendary Member
Hey there Ray,
My normal routine with the Boomers is to keep the list of attendees going until a week or so before the rally, then send it in to the park so they will have a list of the attendees. Some folks have called in to the park to make their own reservations, and that is fine, except that the park can become confused about who has made their own reserevations and who has signed up with me on the forum. There is no need to send me any money, and if you choose to make your own reservations, just tell them when you call in that you're a part of the Texas Heartland group and they will put you in with the group and cross off a site from the reserved group of sites.

I can be reached by email at jcoffman1@houston.rr.com or just contact me here.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Hi we are coming to Houston for the Fall Rally. We made our reservations with Rayford today. So mark us down. See you then.
Christina and Bob Seaman
2007 Grand Canyon
660 Volvo(Big Mama)

jayc

Legendary Member
Hello Christina and Bob,
I'll add you to our list. This rally is really starting to take shape!

Liesl_s

Hi all! Tommy and I would like to come to the rally as well, so put us on the list! I'll call the park and let them know we are part of the group. It's only 10-15 minutes from home, but hey, anywhere but home is camping, right?!

Tom of Ypsi

Jay,

To keep you updated I just made reservations for the rally site 32. We will be coming in on Oct 18 and leaving on the 23d and we will be on the same site the whole time.

Thanks for getting everyhing going and we will see you in Oct.

Tom and Judy Atkinson

jayc

Legendary Member
Hi Tom and Judy. I'll add you to the list.

On edit, I found that you were already on the list, so I made the change.

Last edited:

jayc

Legendary Member
Well, things have kind of died off here. Things are shaping up very well for our first Houston rally. I would like to get some ideas from you guys about our Saturday night supper. Do we want to make a theme for the night (mexican food, barbecue, etc.), or just a regular old potluck dinner. I thought about phoning in a big pizza order-there's a great little pizzaria not too far from the park-or anything else you can think of. Just let me know what you think?

Also I will need everyone to let me know about your name tags. You can either post something here or email me with the names you want on your name tags.

Tom of Ypsi

Pizza sounds good to us but we will go with the majority. As far as name tags go just put Tom and Judy Atkinson. Looking forward to the rally, should be a good time.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
anything is great with us--yet we would like some TEXAS BBQ--our name tags Bob Christina

see ya soon. Christina Seaman

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
On our name tags Ray and Lin would be fine. You might think about adding where we're from if there's room on the tag. Ours would be Wisconsin. As for Saturday night? Some briskit would be a treat. But anything else would be fine. Ya can't make everyone happy either so a pot luck might be best.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We agree with Ray...can't please everyone so a pot luck might be best, something for everyone.

You can make our tags Ken and Kathy (if you add location- Aransas Pass, Tx). See you soon...

waccajs

Texian
Houston Rally

FOOD sounds good. Is there anything we can bring? BILL and CAROLYN will be good for the name tags. A few questions--- Are there fire pits, trees, tables at the sites?

jayc

Legendary Member
Tom, I'll add you and Judy to the list of names and keep a poll of what the food choices will be.

Christina, I've got you and Bob's names to add.

Ray and Lin, got you down too!

Ken and Kathy, you'e added.

Bill and Carolyn, I got your names down! If everyone brings a side dish to whatever main dish we decide on-which is looking like it's going to be bbq brisket-we should have plenty to eat. I'll bring paper plates, plastic dinnerware and napkins, so that won't be an issue.

There are no fire pits at the individual sites, but there is one big one that we can use near the pavillion and I have a small one that I will bring if we want to just sit outside by a rig. We can eat outside the pavillion if the weather is nice, or inside in the large rally hall. We will have access to the rally hall all weekend for eating, cards or any games that we want to play. There are small trees at the sites-new park, about three years old-with picnic tables at each site. There is 30 and 50 amp electric at each site, and water, sewer and cable.

kathyo

Jayc
Warren and I (Kathy) are very interested in buying the Bighorn 3400RL.
We now live on a houseboat in Kemah, TX. We have the houseboat up for sale. Once we sell the houseboat we can buy the Fifthwheel.
We are very much interested in coming to the rally. We have a small 2001 Kodiak hybrid. Do you think we would be welcome at the rally. And will there be room (camp site) still available at this late date.
kathyo

osims

bsims
We are looking forward to the rally and meeting everyone. Our name tags will be Bill and Ornell from Port Arthur Texas. We will probably arrive thursday afternoon and leave monday.

jayc

Legendary Member
Warren and Kathy, you are welcome to come along with us! Maybe your houseboat will sell by the time the rally comes around and you'll have a Heartland of your own by then.

Bill and Ornell, I've got you down too. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.