2013 Outside motion light

JDBob35a

Our new 2013 BigHorn has the motion detection light outside above the door, It doesn't work, Or I don't know how to make it work. The bulb appears to be good, is there a trick to these or do I have a problem somewhere?

Thanks
Bob

JDBob35a

Touchpad Remote Question

We have a 2013 Big Horn with the touchpad remote control that controls the slides, awning, etc.
The remote has a button to turn on a light, when i touch it I can here a "Click" in the command center like a relay clicking turning something on/off. But no lights are activated. Which light should this be operating?

Thanks
Bob

jimtoo

Re: Touchpad Remote Question

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I put both of your post together here, because I think, don't know for sure, that the remote also controls the motion detector light. I'm sure some of our other members that have the newer units will jump in soon and help with an answer.

Enjoy the forum and your Big Horn.

Jim M

donr827

My light on the remote controls the light behind the stairs. It will light up the stairs for you when needed

Willym

My aftermarket motion sensing light is armed by switching it on, then off, then on again. It has a blinking LED to show the armed status. Your's may be a different system however.

JDBob35a

Thanks for the ideas, I hadn't thought about the light behind the stairs. I'll give that a check. As for the motion sensor, if I have to flip it on/off/on, i'd have never figured that out.
Thanks again. and for the welcome to the group!

Bob in MO

jdfishing

On my 2013, the remote controls the light behind the stairs. As for the motion sensor light above the door, turn the switch on once and the light remains on. Flip the switch twice to on, and the light goes into sensor mode. Mine has a blinking light; green means batteries are good, red means batteries not so good. Note: My sensor does not pick up movement easily.

JDBob35a

Thanks JDFishing,
Bet I have something wrong with mine, I've never seen the motion light on at all, never saw a blinking LED or anything. Looking through the lens the bulb appears to be good, must not have power to it.
I need to look into taking the lens off and checking it with a meter to see if there is juice up there.

Thanks again
Bob

Phatkd

I am having the same issue with my BH,..I can't figure out how to get the darn motion light to work. I will try the on/off/on trick tonight and post the results

JanAndBill

Guess I haven't figured out the light either. Tried the on-off-on thing and I get an indicator light that comes on outside on the light, but the light won't turn on. Tried jumping up and down, waving my arms, till I was afraid the neighbors were going to call the cops. It also won't come on in the so called manual mode either

Phatkd

I just went outside and checked mine. It seems that when I turn the switch on (Located in the main control panel) the motion sensor comes on. There is a blue LED light that comes on when it senses motion, but the main light does not come on. When I do the on/off/on with the same switch the porch light comes on and stays on. The remote only turns on the light behind the stairs (The yellowish one).

Hope I have it figured out. Perhaps for the motion sensor that does not seem to be working maybe there is a way to program how sensitive it is??

jayc

Legendary Member
On mine, the blue light comes on during the day but after dark the light is green. It won't come on during the day but works well at night. Mine is the aftermarket light, not from the factory.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Jayc is correct. On our BigHorn 3670, the blue light flashes when it's too light for the motion detector to work; the green light flashes when it is dark enough. If you're moving when the green light flashes, the light turns on.
Now, about that light under the step. Anyone know of another way to turn that bad boy on except for using the remote?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Unfortunately...no..seems that's about the only thing the remote is good for. Don't really use it.

Had a Smart light on the Bighorn..wish the Landmark came with one...will be replacing the regular light with one ASAP! Jay is correct blue light during the day...light does not come one..when it gets dark, light turns green, and the light functions by sensing motion. To go manual just flip switch until flashing light goes out...flip on, off and on again and indicator light will come on putting it in auto mode...blue for daytime, green for night time.

stevebotts

Our motion light quit working all together and it was a burned out blulb. I got on the website and printed out the manual to try to figure out the light. The On/Off/On method works. The light will blink blue in the day but the light will not come on by motion sensor during daylight hours. When it gets dark the light blinks green and will come on with motion. For the light to stay on all the time, just turn on. Those are the directions in the manual. That being said, mine has a mind of its own and does not seem to work exactly as they say in the manual. Good luck. Our bulb did burn out and we got replacement bulbs at an AutoZone. The bulb is a #1003. Hope this helps.