2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Newsletter area should now be open access to all who visit. We were able to change that on the last issue. Now I think everyone can actually see all the issues. :)

I can't help with the t-shirt area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Ladies T-Shirts - woohoo!

Remember, the rally is still a work in progress and the linked page may not yet be ready for prime time.
Oh, the ladies shirts look nice.

Colleen, we cannot combine users into one account, but may be able to allow access to the newsletter.
Let me check with the boss.

Peace
Dave

I am getting same message Dave. If it was not ready for that page to be live I not sure Jim would have posted a link to it. I think it must just be a wrong link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Andy, I am able to view the page, so the link its correct.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Andy, I am able to view the page, so the link its correct.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

I think there's a permissions problem with the page the link goes to. My guess is that Jim, Cookie, and Linuxkidd are the only ones who have access.

"danemayer, you do not have permission to access this page."

jbeletti

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/16/2015 to 6/21/2015

Oopsie - I guess I hadn't "published" the article. So only admins had access to it. Please try again.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

Oopsie - I guess I hadn't "published" the article. So only admins had access to it. Please try again.

I LOVE keeping you on your toes, Mr. Beletti!

Erika - this was the first newsletter I've been able to access myself! I'd given up trying to read it as it was too much of a hassle to sign into Michael's account... Thank you!!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

I am currently researching places for us to stop over night on our way out to Goshen in June. We will be traveling west on 80 our starting location is from the pocono's in PA. I'm looking for either a rest area or campground right off of Interstate that has an easy on off access and easy parking as we will be stopping sometime in the middle of the night? All suggestions would be well appreciated. We have a 40' Landmark if that helps. Thanks a bunch!

jbeletti

Re: Ladies T-Shirts - woohoo!

Jim I also am not able to access this link. I know the last time I received a simular message it was because I am not the primary account with the forum which I'm sure alot of us fall under. Since most of us are a couple and have separate user names and passwords, is there a way on the forum to link two different user names together on an account? With this restriction I can not review a highlight news letter also unless I go under my husband user name as our club number is under his. I feel as a member with the club I should be able to have free access of the forum without having to go under my husband user name. If nothing can be done I understand but it is a bit frustating especially in this day and age of technology for those of us who are locked out of these links.

Hi Colleen,

Got the T-Shirts link fixed. Error on my part. This issue was not related to you not being the forum user who's the primary on your club membership.

The forum software we use does not have an account linking feature. As Erika mentioned, a few months back, we made the decision to open up Newsletters to all forum members. You should be able to access them. Let me know via email or PM if you cannot.

As for access to the Forum, I believe you should be able to access any part of it. Please let me know about any specific area of the Forum you cannot access.

The Club is a separate thing from the Forum, though it's accessed via the Forum. It's coding we bolted on to keep the same look and feel and to use the Forum's user authentication system to access the Club Member Profile. At this time, the only thing that only the Primary Club Member has access to is the Club Member Profile. And this can be flipped if desired. For example, if you wish to be the person to have access to the Club Member Profile, I'm pretty sure we can change who's primary.

At the end of the day, it is not our desire to purposely limit the spouse/partner/secondary member of a Club Member account in any way. There are just some limitations within the software that we can't get around.

porthole

Retired

I am currently researching places for us to stop over night on our way out to Goshen in June. We will be traveling west on 80 our starting location is from the pocono's in PA. I'm looking for either a rest area or campground right off of Interstate that has an easy on off access and easy parking as we will be stopping sometime in the middle of the night? All suggestions would be well appreciated. We have a 40' Landmark if that helps. Thanks a bunch!

Colleen, first you have to decide how far you want to drive the first day. We have stayed at the Sandusky Ohio KOA, not bad but not in the nicest of areas and at the East Harbor State Park.
The State Park was really nice with full 50 amp hook ups (don't remember about cable)

http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/findapark

I / we have also stayed at the Ohio rest stop "RV section", hook ups for $20 for 24 hours. But, those sections are really made for the motor homes and not designed for our long trailers. But, trailers are allowed, you would just have to unhook.

I have stayed when there were no motorhomes and plenty of room.

http://www.ohioturnpike.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/rv_generalinfo2014.pdf

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

We plan on catching 80 in Ohio. Might try to get to the last RV rest stop in Ohio. I think it is around mm 20. That is my plan but it has not been approved by the "boss" yet.

dalspot

We stopped at the Stony Ridge/Toledo East KOA. Will you get that far? Decent campground, pull thru sites, fuel at the I-80 exit, and about a 2 1/2 hour drive into Goshen the next day. Got off 80 at the last OH exit and took 20 thru Angola and into Goshen.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

We stopped at the Stony Ridge/Toledo East KOA. Will you get that far? Decent campground, pull thru sites, fuel at the I-80 exit, and about a 2 1/2 hour drive into Goshen the next day. Got off 80 at the last OH exit and took 20 thru Angola and into Goshen.[/QUOTe

Thanks Karen will look into this one

Hello

If you traveling on interstate 80 in Ohio all the Oasis has places for camping over night for $20.00 that gives you 50 amp service only and a parking stall. Its first come first serve. One meter to feed for $20.00 and gives you a ticket for the window. Every Oasis is a little bit different for sites, most Oasis are pull thru and are quiet long. I have seen 40 ft coaches with a small car behind find. I have a 40 FT BC 3650 and that would fit. There is also dump station too.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

We stopped at the Stony Ridge/Toledo East KOA. Will you get that far? Decent campground, pull thru sites, fuel at the I-80 exit, and about a 2 1/2 hour drive into Goshen the next day. Got off 80 at the last OH exit and took 20 thru Angola and into Goshen.

Karen, thanks for the info. That's what we are looking for.

porthole

Retired

The alternate route that Karen listed for the last leg takes about the same time but is much more of pleasant ride then the interstate.
And, if so inclined, a drop down of of 80 near the border can run you directly into Edon Ohio, which is where Trailer Tire and Wheels is located. Rt 20 is a straight shot form there.