2015 Key West - PDI Questions

TxCowboy

Re: 2015 key west

Pat, I looked this morning under the area of the RV you mentioned and saw no loose wires. Everything was in covered wire bundles or under the plastic sheeting. Definitely something you should report to the dealer to make it right. (Just a thought -- are your exterior road lights working? I seem to remember using brown and white wiring for trailer lights way back when...)

As for the rust, if your unit was built in the winter (mine was), it likely picked up some road salt when they towed it down from Indiana. You'll need to clean that off and put a rust preventer on.

BTW, I just started a thread this morning on the rust preventer topic and I'm planning to do that to the entire undercarriage / I-beams. Salt from the beach can be a real killer to your chassis.

rdgt67

Update. I sent a message to heartland customer service and a picture of my issues. Quick reply from them and here are the rssults: the brown and white wire is part of a generic wiring harness and does not apply to the key westit serves no purpose. The trim is supposed to be missing as it can't normally be seen. I saw it as I was doing a very detailed inspection for leaks. I got the satellite,going after an hour on the phone to dish. Basic problem was the smart card had come loose in the receiver and programing of the receive. So far all is on track.

rdgt67

I have been dealing with a customer service person at Heartland by the name of Ron Scsrberry and the guy has been phenomenal to say the least. He,is,sending me a light cover at no charge and has been on the spot with answers to all my questions. He gets my vote and an official pat on the back.

TxCowboy

Good to know that HL is treating you right, Pat! Keep us posted on how things are coming along. :)

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader

I have been dealing with a customer service person at Heartland by the name of Ron Scsrberry and the guy has been phenomenal to say the least. He,is,sending me a light cover at no charge and has been on the spot with answers to all my questions. He gets my vote and an official pat on the back.

Ron has been more than helpful multiples for us and took a bad situation and turned it into a very good situation. So if you need to look him up the name is spelled Ron Scarberry. He is a top notch guy.